Turned my 3yr, 7mo old today

TXmom2

A bit sad.
I know she got all the benefits of ERF, plus she was getting close to the limits of her EFTA and the CA just wasn't working (we tried it all day running errands) with her fighting us to get in the seat and my knee injury.
:sigh:

ADS

TXmom2

Thanks. Horrible head slump though :(

ETA Pic:
1ff2be6b-a6dc-40f1-87ea-7635568de70c_zps49dba75c.jpg

Can I not install in the recline position? I do not like this at all. :(

Last edited:

TXmom2

:thumbsdown: So..is it just the seat?

I'm ready to go back to the EFTA and just FF in it. Or back in the EFTA RF and find something else really quick that wil RF longer?

Or even a combo seat with better sleep support? (She sleeps in the car a LOT)

Dorothy

My DD totally flops forward just like that when she sleeps, too. And it makes her very agitated. :( I would think that the way the EFTA is shaped, it would have more recline. Or, if you're just itching to get something new, I hear the Frontier 85 has a great recline for sleeping.

aept

My DD totally flops forward just like that when she sleeps, too. And it makes her very agitated. :( I would think that the way the EFTA is shaped, it would have more recline. Or, if you're just itching to get something new, I hear the Frontier 85 has a great recline for sleeping.

The Frontier 85 installs very reclined in my caravan. Like almost too reclined, in my opinion. Perfect for sleeping, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

DMS721

My 3 1/2 yr old falls asleep in his Frontier all of the time, and never has a head slump. He loves his "big boy" seat, and is super comfy in it. My youngest is RF in an Advocate, and when I switch him to FF, I will most likely go straight to a Frontier, and not bother FF in the Advocate.

TXmom2

Yes, she was cranky when she woke and said her neck hurt (even after I pushed her head back up and repositioned her multiple times during the 45 min drive). This is just not going to work for us :(

I was hoping to make the seats we have work until the Pilot is paid off in September but ..

agave

That's exactly how my 4 yr old sleeps in the Maestro, it drives me nuts. She only occasionally slumps in the Frontier and not nearly as badly. I just wish my 3 yr old didn't have RF slump with the angle adjuster, I can't seem to find the perfect angle for her. Have you tried installing on a different seat?

TXmom2

I don't really have another position she could go I don't think. The CCO barely fits behind the driver and allows DH to fit & drive comfortably. The 2nd row passenger side is left open for one of the older kiddos.

We leave the 3rd row down 99% of the time unless all 6 of us go somewhere and then we use the single seat on the 3rd row.

We usually have hockey gear, stroller, and/or groceries in the back :rolleyes:

ETA: Going to switch back to the EFTA FF tomorrow and see how she does in it for now.

MommyShannon

Wow, I thought the CA was more reclined than other seats ff. I wonder if she will get head slump in most seats. I agree my kids do great in the Frontier but DS has slept fine in the CA too. There is a new Frontier coming out sometime this year so the old ones should be cheaper or the new one has some nice new features it looks like.

aept

I wonder if it would install a little more reclined in the drivers side seat and then maybe the Cco in the center so that your passenger seat can be left open. (I know generally it's best practice to put a ff child center but might be worth trying if it solves the head slump problem. )Also, do your second row seats recline at all? I thought a few manufacturers will allow for carseat installation with the seat reclined one or two clicks from fully upright. Maybe that is allowed in your case? (Maybe not - but worth checking.)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC