Pink Booster seat?

mevs mom

So we have 2 F85s for my 6 y/o DD however she has not figured out how to buckle/unbuckle herself in yet and it's really getting annoying. I'm hoping she has enough impulse control to use a booster now, she's also possible ADHD/ADD.

She requests a pink booster seat. I'm looking for something not as wide as my F85s in hopes of possibly doing 3 across if necessary but 3 across is not a requirement.

My ideal requirements are latchable, must be HBB, and under $200. I scored a SGL on NBB this week but I tried a SG and didn't love the fit in my car. :-/

She also just went through a GIANT growth spurt! 45 lbs, 44.5" tall, 23.5" seated height, and 14.5" torso height.

EDIT: she has a 14.5" torso not 19"!

Last edited:
ADS

NannyMom

There's a pink Graco Affix. There's a pink Monterey, but that's not narrow. And tbe Clek Oobr. That might be it for latchable dedicated boosters.

mevs mom

I also don't know much about boosters/how they fit? This will be our first experience with boosters we have an evenflo AMP? But it's an emergency use only at grandmas.

Are there certain boosters that work well with certain sizes? Or is it more generalized?

Phineasmama

The X-fix isn't sold in the US anymore as far as I know.

I have a pink Affix and I really like it. I don't know if it would be tall enough for you, my DD is 6 and fairly average height but leggy, but it's definitely worth trying. It's great for 3 across IME, along with the high back Turbobooster.

The new Peg Perego booster comes in pink (fucsia) as well.

canadiangie

I tried my dd in the Peg booster the other day and the fit was amazing. Right now she's in a PWSGL with acceptable belt fit, but I'm thinking we need the peg. And it comes in pink. And it's fairly narrow. :)

My dd is 47 inches tall, 45 pounds, 18 inch torso, 6.5 yo.

mevs mom

The X-fix isn't sold in the US anymore as far as I know.

I have a pink Affix and I really like it. I don't know if it would be tall enough for you, my DD is 6 and fairly average height but leggy, but it's definitely worth trying. It's great for 3 across IME, along with the high back Turbobooster.

The new Peg Perego booster comes in pink (fucsia) as well.

She is floating between the 10 th and 25 th percentile. So she's too big/tall for the affix?

mevs mom

I tried my dd in the Peg booster the other day and the fit was amazing. Right now she's in a PWSGL with acceptable belt fit, but I'm thinking we need the peg. And it comes in pink. And it's fairly narrow. :)

My dd is 47 inches tall, 45 pounds, 18 inch torso, 6.5 yo.

Do you think you can get pictures comparing the fit in both? Or at least just the peg. I'd love pictures of the peg.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
She is floating between the 10 th and 25 th percentile. So she's too big/tall for the affix?

It should fit if she is between the 10th and 25th percentile. My just-turned-seven-year-old niece fits in it (barely, but she does fit). If your DD is that tiny (10th to 25th percentile), it should fit her.

mevs mom

It should fit if she is between the 10th and 25th percentile. My just-turned-seven-year-old niece fits in it (barely, but she does fit). If your DD is that tiny (10th to 25th percentile), it should fit her.

I just looked at the CDC growth charts to check percentiles. But I don't know how to check torso height. Anyone know?

canadiangie

Do you think you can get pictures comparing the fit in both? Or at least just the peg. I'd love pictures of the peg.

I didn't even think to take pics! :eek:

I didn't buy the Peg because I'm planning on ordering online.

Torso height: sit her against the wall crossed legged. Lay a pencil on her shoulder and make a mark on the wall. Have her scoot away and then measure from the floor to the mark. You'll get a ballpark number of her torso.

mevs mom

I didn't even think to take pics! :eek:

I didn't buy the Peg because I'm planning on ordering online.

Torso height: sit her against the wall crossed legged. Lay a pencil on her shoulder and make a mark on the wall. Have her scoot away and then measure from the floor to the mark. You'll get a ballpark number of her torso.

That's how I measured but then j found this:

male height: 5'7" to 5'11," torso length 17" to 19" female height: " 5'2" to 5'6," torso length measurement of 15" to 17"

So my DDs torso cannot measure up with a 5 ft 7 to 11 inch male? She only wears 6/6x. :-/

Brianna

That's how I measured but then j found this:

male height: 5'7" to 5'11," torso length 17" to 19" female height: " 5'2" to 5'6," torso length measurement of 15" to 17"

So my DDs torso cannot measure up with a 5 ft 7 to 11 inch male? She only wears 6/6x. :-/

That's not accurate. J is 3 years old, 40" with a 15.25" torso. I'm 5'3" with a 22-23 inch torso.

mevs mom

Ok so I had her sit on her bottom legs uncrossed straight out and sit up against a wall and she's 14.5" which makes more sense because we are NOT on the top clicks on our frontiers. Common sense fail.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
That's not accurate. J is 3 years old, 40" with a 15.25" torso. I'm 5'3" with a 22-23 inch torso.

Right. As Brianna, said, the measurement you found online is not accurate.

I am 5'8" and my torso is around 25-26 inches (I think... I'm basing that off how far above the top slots of a Frontier 85 my shoulders are. :p That's probably not the most accurate measurement. I know my inseam is around 32 inches, so 25-26 inches might be about right; that would mean my head and neck are about 10" or 11"?).

The kiddo in my life who is closest in age to your DD is one of my DN, and she has a 19" torso.

Another DN had a 20" torso at age 6, but she is VERY tall (at age 8, she is now 4'10" or so.) :eek:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Ok so I had her sit on her bottom legs uncrossed straight out and sit up against a wall and she's 14.5" which makes more sense because we are NOT on the top clicks on our frontiers. Common sense fail.

That makes more sense!

With a torso of only 14.5," she will fit in just about any seat out there! :D

mevs mom

So do booster height limits work similar to harnessed seats with height limits?

For example a CA65 has a standing height limit of 40" for rear facing. And foonf has a 43" height limit for rear facing. So obviously if a child hits these respective heights regardless of being within safe weight limits they must be turned FFing.

Do booster seats have these "hard" limits as well? For example: One booster manual I was looking at says it must be discontinued at 57"... So as soon as she hits that it must be no longer used regardless of the weight range?

Sorry I'm booster clueless this is our first rodeo with boosters as she is our oldest.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC