So confused

juls

Im looking to purchase a convertible car seat for my 20 month old (26.5# 32inches) as a traveling seat. We actually have a trip coming up next weekend and I need to make up my mind. I wanted something light-weight and easy to install. She is normally RF in cars so it would need to be able to RF and FF. I was looking at the scerena because it is so light and affordable, but I have a gogobabyz travel-mate and it says they are not compatible. Anyone please help with any suggestions!!!??? I keep getting overwhelmed when researching all the different seats. :)

ADS

Jeni-GAcpst

I noticed the GoGo Baby website says the older scenera is incompatible. Do you know what year your scenera is from?

Your dd is about average for height and weight. If the scenera doesn't work, maybe try the Safety 1st Guide 65. It RFes to 40" or 40lbs and lasts most kids FFing to booster age. It's a compact lightweight seat too, and costs about $80 at Walmart.
It looks like most of the incompatible seats are boosters.
Maybe give them a call to see exactly what they say about your seat and/or the Guide 65.

If you want to use the scenera, you should be able to bungee cord it to a rolling suitcase. When I flew alone with two under 2, I brought the stroller and fit all our stuff in a roller carry on and a large diaper bag. One child in stroller with car seat bungeed to stroller. One child on my back with the car seat bungeed to roller suit case. I 'harnessed' the diaper bag in one of the car seats. I pushed the stroller with one hand and pulled the roller suitcase with another.

Good luck! It will all work out if you plan it out and give yourself time to be patient.

If you do call GoGo Kidz, let us know what they say. :)

juls

Thank you do much for your reply. I have not bought a Serena yet. I will call them in the morning. Is the guide 65 fairly easy to install? I'm used to britax seats but only RF in a car and I thought it would be a pain to drag it around the airport since its pretty heavy.

veggiegirl228

Another option if you have carry on luggage is a traveling toddler. (One can be put together yourself as well with a couple of items from a hardware store.)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Traveling-Toddler-Seat-Travel-Accessory/dp/B000JHN3AS"]Amazon.com: Traveling Toddler Car Seat Travel Accessory: Baby[/ame]

Jeni-GAcpst

Oh I see. Can you bring the GoGo Kidz with you and try out a new scenera at a store?
Yes, the Guide 65 is pretty quick to install. It's easier than the scenera in my opinion.

Thank you do much for your reply. I have not bought a Serena yet. I will call them in the morning. Is the guide 65 fairly easy to install? I'm used to britax seats but only RF in a car and I thought it would be a pain to drag it around the airport since its pretty heavy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC