2006 Odyssey

RachelND

CPS Technician
Would a 2006 Odyssey (EX-L if that matters) have headrests and shoulder belts for all 3 positions in the 3rd row? Of course the dealer only has pics online with the 3rd row removed (or stowed if that's possible...)

It also has one of the plusOne seats in the middle row. AM I correct that in this year that seat isn't really usable, at least for most car seats? I oly have 3 kids (booster, FF and RF) so I don't really need it anyway.

Anything else I should know about this year?

Thank You!

ADS

MommyShannon

Yes, it has adjustable headrests and shoulder belts in all spots. The middle one comes from the ceiling so it isn't obvious if not in use. It even has top tethers for all 3rd row seats and the captains seats. We have an '06 Touring so no 8th seat, but yes it's little.
There is one BIG thing to know. That is one of the years the EX-L and Touring came with PAX run flat tires. They are BAD! They cost a ton, wear out quickly, and don't ride well. If you get a flat, you can drive 50 miles but then you are stuck until somebody can get you a new one since very few places have them or the equipment to mount them. There is no spare. What you can do is replace the rims and tires with standard ones and get roadside coverage in case of flats or follow instructions to add a spare. Search "de-pax my Ody" and you will get more details. It may have been de-PAXed already, but be sure to ask/check.
ETA: we love ours now that we replaced the tires and rims. Depending on mileage, there is a lot of maintenance due around 100,000 that includes belts that would cause a lot of damage if they break. So I'd want to know if it'd been done.

RachelND

CPS Technician
Thank you so much!

I know it has new tires so we'll look into that more, I'd never heard of that.

It has a new timing belt and water pump so hopefully it's good on that maintenance for a while.

Syllieann

The plus one is fine with the newer britax convertibles and at least a few infant seats. It has no top tether for a ff seat and the buckle stalks are situated about 11" apart so its not compatible with most high back boosters. You can search "plus one successful install thread" for ideas on other seats that might work. I'm pretty sure the my ride was listed on there too.

RachelND

CPS Technician
I'm not positive if the EX-L had them. I've found mixed info. Definitely something you want to check.

yeah, we talked to the dealer, it doesn't have them. They said it was just the Touring models. thank you!

I found the thread with the plusOne installs- I was surprised at what actually fit! We wouldn't need it regularly, but it's nice to know there are options if needed.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Yup, no run flats on the EX-L, which is a main reason why I bought that trim. Funny thing was that everyone buying the Touring editions at the time touted PAX as the best thing since sliced bread, but soon learned otherwise:-(

A can of inflator sealant was a much better choice!

The PlusOne is a very nice option, too, if you don't need a passenger in it regularly. You can even remove the lazy susan storage under the floor and stow the PlusOne there for when you need it!

2006 was past most of the transmission issues, but the transmission may still be the most common major problem you would see from that time.

RachelND

CPS Technician
Good to know about stowing the plus one, I didn't know you could do that! I haven't seen the manual yet though.

We sare pretty sure we are going to get it and so excited! :) We've been squeezing in our crappy Taurus for way too long..

MommyShannon

Great! You can remove the plus 1 and slide the passenger side captains chair over toward the center easily. I go back and fort with our set up, but normally do that. It makes it easier to access the 3rd row.

RachelND

CPS Technician
Yeah, I was hoping that would work. I'll probably put the big kids- 4 and 7 bak there, but the 4 year old needs help buckling so we'll have to see how well that works for me to get to him. He's the loudest so I'm hoping I can have him in the back ;)

MommyShannon

If you put him in the passenger side outboard position and move the seat in front of him toward the middle, you won't have any trouble reaching him. Just remind them the 7 year old needs to get in first so they don't clobber each other if your DS is in his seat when the 7 year old needs to go by.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC