Moved my 5.5 year old to a SGL :/

lovemybabies924

He's finally holding at 40.1lbs lol so I bought him a SGL tell me what u think

I'm not used to a skinny thing in a booster and I'm seconds away from just moving the prosport back and forth lol

Eta he just got a crown so his mouth is swollen lol

Last edited:
ADS

noahsmom24

Have you thought about a Frontier 85? I have my ds who is 5.5year old in this and he is 47inches and 56lbs! We've got some more time left to, I will be happy to get him to 6.5! We also have a PWSG but this is for my SO's truck.
Just a thought, you might be able to find a good deal on one here used if you really feel he isn't quite ready for a booster. :)
I know how you are feeling though, putting ds in a booster full time makes my stomach turn!

HEVY

The shoulder belt looks off to me in all the pics and the lap belt looks too high in 1 & 3.

Last edited:

NannyMom

Pics 1 and 3 the lap belt looks too high. In pic 2 his shoulders are crooked, 1 is much lower than the other. I'd want to see how the shoulder belt fits sitting straight.

Phineasmama

I'm not anti booster by any means but I don't love the belt fit on him either. Could you get a Turbo? Or Affix if you want it to LATCH?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I'm pro-booster for an appropriate 5.5 yo, but I honestly don't like that fit. I bet a turbo would fit so much better.

lovemybabies924

im going back to the harness...im just not loving the fit no matter how much i adjust. my other kid needs the monterrey. i am going to just switch the prosport back and forth until i get something..yay lol

emandbri

im going back to the harness...im just not loving the fit no matter how much i adjust. my other kid needs the monterrey. i am going to just switch the prosport back and forth until i get something..yay lol

Could that kid use the parkway? At 40 lbs both my younger two fit well in the Monterey, they have a stockier build though.

lovemybabies924

The Ss turbo is closer to his neck but he says he's comfortable. I am getting a frontier sict or advocate in a trade ... His torso is 16.5 or so he's on the last click of the prosport. So I'm thinking frontier would be better but it's really big lol

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC