• TurboBooster Safety Surround

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Parkway SGL

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Frontier 85

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no opinion, but I wanna see what everyone else thinks!

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

glockchick

DS turned 5 six days ago. He is 41" and 41 lbs.

He will be outboard in a 2001 Civic. LATCH anchors are available

TurboBooster Safety Surround -
Pros: Surrounds him well
Great belt fit
Cons: No LATCH

D93F5BBD-F6D3-4B48-8740-7EB469B52097-9523-00001207CB20F084.jpg

Britax Parkway SGL -
Pros: Good belt fit
LATCH
SG clip
Cons: Not as much body support

2B95CE0A-1984-4746-B83C-73A1914951CC-17004-000016CF76348C1A.jpg

Frontier 85
Pros: Harnessed
Don't have to worry about him moving
Cons: He's gonna fight me every time I put him in it which means a lot longer to get him in which sucks when trying to get another kid somewhere on time.

Which would you put him in?

(wait for the poll ;))

ADS

2BunniesMommy

As long as he is mature enough to sit in the booster, I would let him choose. I know, I'm no help.

That is basically the conclusion I have come to with DD1's seat needs. I showed and told her about all the acceptable options and she is going to choose. Not sure what she will go for. We were just going to stick with online options, but since we will be out of town next week, I decided to do a little in person shopping. (We have just Kmart and Walmart here that carry car seats and both have smaller selections than most other K and Wal Marts.

linneabw

I always liken the 5pt to a race car driver, and they fight it less. You are the parent and if you want him harnessed you should do it!

glockchick

Yeah I know. But he rides in a booster with his dad 50% of the time and he's figured out he can buckle and unbuckle the booster himself. He has to wait for help from me to get out of the harness. Doesn't help that dad calls harnesses baby seats.

glockchick

I can try. He can get the chest clip but doesn't seem to have the strength in his fingers to do the crotch buckle

Athena

I think it really depends on if you're comfortable with him in a booster. You know him best and if he can handle the responsibility. Sorry if I'm no help.

Doesn't help that dad calls harnesses baby seats.

Can you ask his dad to stop undermining you as a parent? That's not cool. After all, you are letting him make his seat decision.

Good luck!

Brianna

I love the Turbo SS fit on him. If you're willing to use the FR, buckling in the turbo when not in use wouldn't really be more effort than having to buckle the FR.

glockchick

Can you ask his dad to stop undermining you as a parent? That's not cool. After all, you are letting him make his seat decision.

Good luck!

I can and have but it won't matter. His dad enjoys getting under my skin and this is one of the few ways he can still do that.

I vacillate between thinking I'm being over protective by wanting to harness him and not protective enough by not harnessing him when I have a seat that fits him. :rolleyes:

glockchick

I always liken the 5pt to a race car driver, and they fight it less. You are the parent and if you want him harnessed you should do it!

It worked! I showed him some pics of Recaro racing seats with harness installed and he's cool with his racing seat. Thanks so much!

Of course, now he needs red.... heading to swap to post an ISO now. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC