Newborn in Sureride!

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
We're a couple of events into using the Sureride and so far I'm loving it! We had a noob yesterday. The fit was AMAZING. Better than the BabyTrend she primarily uses. The straps were far below her shoulders, and there was zero gap to fill in the crotch buckle. Here's pics with moms permission.

Attachments

• image-4027424743.jpg
    image-4027424743.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 373
  • image-1042930444.jpg
    image-1042930444.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
ADS

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
She's adorable and looks so tiny. Just remove the blanket from around the top of her head. It's not safe. Roll up two receiving blankets and place one on each side of here going from the side of her head to down to her hips/thighs.

Are you talking from a suffocation stand point or a car seat stand point? This blanket was all she had with her yesterday, but two instructors were present and involved. Just wondering where your coming from?

zactayaus

Are you talking from a suffocation stand point or a car seat stand point? This blanket was all she had with her yesterday, but two instructors were present and involved. Just wondering where your coming from?

We were told in our tech class to never ever put anything over the top of baby's head because in an accident if the baby's head goes forward the blanket can roll behind baby's head preventing baby from being able to put their head back and therefore compromising baby's airway.

canadiangie

The rolled blanket can slip behind her head, causing chin to chest. In a noob that could be a big problem really quickly.

Two rolled receiving blankets, and bolster from head to hip. Much safer option.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Adorable baby! I love the cover on that seat. :D

Two rolled receiving blankets do a better job with fit IMO in addition to what was mentioned. :)

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
The rolled blanket can slip behind her head, causing chin to chest. In a noob that could be a big problem really quickly.

Two rolled receiving blankets, and bolster from head to hip. Much safer option.

Two blankets is usually what I personally do. This was the only blanket available for mom to leave with, but I was Instructed that this is ok. Definitely food for thought! Thanks!

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Two blankets is usually what I personally do. This was the only blanket available for mom to leave with, but I was Instructed that this is ok. Definitely food for thought! Thanks!

I work at a hospital and if mom comes down with only one receiving blanket, I put it on one side and tell mom that she can put one on the other side once they have another blanket. :)

zactayaus

When I only have one blanket to work with what I like to do is place the blanket on baby so that the bottom of the blanket is just at baby's feet (so all the excess blanket is up top) and then make a big "U" shape with the excess blanket (so the bottom of the "U" is under baby's chin/on the chest). Then I stuff the ends of the "U" on either side of baby's head. I hope that made sense.:eek:

Reactions: Kac

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
Adorable baby! I love the cover on that seat. :D

Two rolled receiving blankets do a better job with fit IMO in addition to what was mentioned. :)

It's growing on me. Not bad for a program seat! I've got one in my van. At first i thought it was loud and hideous. The other I've seen is a black gray zig zag pattern where the stripes are. I like that one better.

Suzibeck

Sorry I missed that check, darn sinus infection! I saw the pics yesterday and got to play with the seat at the CEU class in Caledonia. I am really impressed with the seat overall. We were joking that it would fit my petite almost 5 yo until driving age. I brought the Frontier home to play with for a few weeks. Totally overkill for us but I'm having fun with it.

NVMBR02

It is so nice to see a budget seat that can work from birth to booster age! Not everyone has the money to spend on a Radian and it seems like many of the other seats that work well for newborns don't quite get you to booster age. Just happy to see another option. :)

I think I might pick up a Sureride here soon. I need a spare convertible since I am watching a friend's child frequently and I am tired of moving seats around.

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
Sorry I missed that check, darn sinus infection! I saw the pics yesterday and got to play with the seat at the CEU class in Caledonia. I am really impressed with the seat overall. We were joking that it would fit my petite almost 5 yo until driving age. I brought the Frontier home to play with for a few weeks. Totally overkill for us but I'm having fun with it.

Are you planning on being there next month?

Reactions: Kel

cookie123

When I only have one blanket to work with what I like to do is place the blanket on baby so that the bottom of the blanket is just at baby's feet (so all the excess blanket is up top) and then make a big "U" shape with the excess blanket (so the bottom of the "U" is under baby's chin/on the chest). Then I stuff the ends of the "U" on either side of baby's head. I hope that made sense.:eek:

I don't get it at all lol!

OP, do you know about the size of the baby?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC