What would you get?

Lenae

I'm considering buying a new seat for Sassy, to replace her MR that has a buckle that sticks. I hate to just toss the seat, but I don't know what else to do. So, what should I get?

I very much like her MR, and am open to another one. I have an RXT and I like it, but I don't want another one. Colton has a Complete Air, which I like, but don't want another one. I used to have a Coccoro, but Chy is too big to get any use out of it. I LOVED the TF we used to have, but I don't really love any of the new covers.

Pink is a requirement. I can have brown or red or whatever in it, but it must be mostly pink.

So, what would you get? Pretend budget is unlimited, because I can basically talk DH into anything. Not totally sold on the Foonf though.

For reference, Sassy is tiny. I think my siggy is correct (I'm on the app and can't see it, but she hasn't grown any I don't think).

These are my most recent pics of her in the MR (not installed) and RXT.

ETA: She is on the third/middle slot of both these seats.

image_zpsab90eb17.jpg

image_zps0d827416.jpg

ADS

jujumum

If you call and complain to Graco they should send you another harness assembly for free. They did that with my latest GN. She looks so adorable and cozy in her Cuddle MR!

arly1983

I second calling Graco first since you do like your myride otherwise. I don't think I would buy a new one since you are having problems with the buckle already...If graco wouldn't do anything and you really wanted a myride, then I would order a new buckle set before buying a whole new myride but really I would get a new seat that was not graco or evenflo (same type buckle)

I would get this in pop of pink: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-True-C680-Seat/dp/B00A8EZOIQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1360972464&sr=8-8&keywords=truefit?tag=carseatorg-20&tag=carseatorg-20"]Amazon.com: The First Years True Fit SI C680 Car Seat, Pop of Teal: Baby[/ame]

Lenae

I should have mentioned, I contacted Graco ages ago, and they told me the buckle was out of stock, and they'd email me when it was back in stock. I haven't heard back from them (this was months ago). I also reported the buckle failure to NHTSA, and I heard somewhere they were offering to buy seats from people, but if that is true, they never offered that to me. I checked the Graco website today actually, and the buckle is still out of stock for the MR.

I like the pink and black TF, and I like the 'new' Sonata MR, but I guess I'm just hankering for something new and exciting, lol.

arly1983

Nextfit? I know its not pink but its new and exciting.

Foonf, I was not impressed with but it does come in pink. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Clek-Foonf-Convertible-Seat-Blue/dp/B006NWMNQ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1360973425&sr=1-1&keywords=foonf"]Amazon.com: Clek Foonf Convertible Car Seat, Blue Moon: Baby[/ame]

Peg convertible comes in pink and black: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Peg-Perego-Convertible-Premium-Toddler/dp/B005WH3R9M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360973309&sr=8-1&keywords=peg+perego+car+seat"]Amazon.com: Peg Perego Convertible Premium Infant to Toddler Car Seat, Black: Baby[/ame]

THis is possibly the pinkest seat I have seen (pria): [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Maxi-Cosi-Pria-Convertible-Car-Seat/dp/B009X4C3QS/ref=sr_1_4?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1360973367&sr=1-4&keywords=maxi+cosi+pria+70"]Amazon.com: Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat - Sweet Cerise: Baby[/ame]

Out of those, if it had to be pink, I would get the Peg.

arly1983

Oh, and totally forgot Britax. Its not new and exciting but:

Isabella Roudabout 55: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Roundabout-Convertible-Seat-Onyx/dp/B00834D5PC/ref=pd_cp_ba_3"]Amazon.com: Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat, Onyx: Baby[/ame]

Azalea Marathon70: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Marathon-70-G3-Convertible-Seat/dp/B00834D5SO/ref=pd_cp_ba_0"]Amazon.com: Britax Marathon 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat, Onyx: Baby[/ame]

Sophia Pavilion 70: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Pavilion-70-G3-Convertible-Seat/dp/B00A2HUDOY/ref=pd_cp_ba_1"]Amazon.com: Britax Pavilion 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat Seat, Onyx: Baby[/ame]

I am having a blast looking for pink seats!

jjordan

Since you don't need crazy height limits, I'd get the Peg or a Britax.

:yeahthatlove: I love our Britax seats. I like the Britax pink options more than the Peg Perego pink option, so personally I'd go with Britax, between the two. I would also love a NextFit (from watching their video :eek:), but since it doesn't come in pink, that's out for you.

Phineasmama

Since she's tiny, I would get the Peg convertible for sure! I love love love ours. Unfortunately my 17 month old is giant and has probably the same amount of room as your DD in both those seats, or maybe less :eek: So she will probably outgrow it before I'm ready to FF her, but that doesn't make me love it less. It's not their fault my baby is huge haha.

amyd

I'd get the Fuscia Peg too. I'm getting the infant seat for Baby Girl...I love the look of the pink & black:love:

MommyShannon

I have the Azalea MA cover. Its really nice but it has purple tones in it if you need bright pink. I really like it and would love a Peg too.

stephpook

I would recommend contacting Graco again. They offered to refund/replace my My Ride when I contacted them a couple weeks ago asking for a replacement buckle and tongs (since they're still out of stock) after NHTSA asked me to send mine to them for further investigation. Maybe it has something to do with NHTSA taking my buckle or maybe I just got the right customer service person, but it can't hurt to follow-up and see what they say. I got the pre-paid Fed Ex label in the mail after about a week and according to the CS rep, I should get the refund within about 5 weeks of them receiving the seat.

Lenae

I would recommend contacting Graco again. They offered to refund/replace my My Ride when I contacted them a couple weeks ago asking for a replacement buckle and tongs (since they're still out of stock) after NHTSA asked me to send mine to them for further investigation. Maybe it has something to do with NHTSA taking my buckle or maybe I just got the right customer service person, but it can't hurt to follow-up and see what they say. I got the pre-paid Fed Ex label in the mail after about a week and according to the CS rep, I should get the refund within about 5 weeks of them receiving the seat.

I'll call Graco again tomorrow. If they refund me the cost of the seat, that would be awesome.

Did you report to NHTSA via phone or website? I filled out their report thingy ma-bob, but that's it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC