Britax Pinnacle 90 and Britax Frontier 90

MommyShannon

I'm so excited to see the belt path and how it works. New boosters too! So who wants to buy our old house and land so I can afford to buy these???

ADS

Phineasmama

Re: Britax Pinnacle 90

Yes, it's required. Even infant seats sold without bases have to have LATCH.

That's kind of what I was wondering. The person I talked to didn't say that it WOULDN'T have latch, just that it was "strongly recommended to always use the seat belt". And of course that the seat belt install would be much easier on the new seat.

Athena

That's kind of what I was wondering. The person I talked to didn't say that it WOULDN'T have latch, just that it was "strongly recommended to always use the seat belt". And of course that the seat belt install would be much easier on the new seat.

But they've always had such great latch installs on their seats and were they the first to have the easy to use latch buckles? Why would this be? Is it the new weight of the seat combined with new latch limits? Do they think it will be misused? I don't expect an answer, really, just thinking aloud.

I'm eager to see more. I'm most interested in the confirmed heights, whether it has something like safe cell, and whether the belt guides on the new booster will work in our car. Also, I want to know which plush fabrics they'll offer, since right now they only have cow on the Frontier and nothing on the Parkway. No mesh or onyx or black/gray seats for me! I want cozy and fun!

Phineasmama

But they've always had such great latch installs on their seats and were they the first to have the easy to use latch buckles? Why would this be? Is it the new weight of the seat combined with new latch limits? Do they think it will be misused? I don't expect an answer, really, just thinking aloud.

I'm eager to see more. I'm most interested in the confirmed heights, whether it has something like safe cell, and whether the belt guides on the new booster will work in our car. Also, I want to know which plush fabrics they'll offer, since right now they only have cow on the Frontier and nothing on the Parkway. No mesh or onyx or black/gray seats for me! I want cozy and fun!

Because the Frontier is huge and heavy, and for older kids (minimum 2 years). This new one might be even heavier, so if it is then most kids wouldn't be able to use it with LATCH anyways because of the weight limits, unless they are just super lightweight kiddos.

MommyShannon

Because the Frontier is huge and heavy, and for older kids (minimum 2 years). This new one might be even heavier, so if it is then most kids wouldn't be able to use it with LATCH anyways because of the weight limits, unless they are just super lightweight kiddos.

That's my thought too. With our 40lb LATCH limit and ERF, there is only a very small window of time to use LATCH FF in our Hondas. With the new guidelines in new cars, that won't change much since its a heavy seat geared for older/bigger kids.

christineka

I'm looking forward to this new booster. I hope it's easy to buckle, has big headwings, and comes in plush purple.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

I am just impressed they give the harness height! I'm so irritated that seats always give the weight and standing height which can be very misleading for how long a seat lasts.

I strongly agree. Hopefully Britax will be setting a trend in this regard!

They could bring the NCAA covers back....or just orange or green.

If they released a bright orange with blue trim cover, my almost-8-year-old would be very bummed that he is moving back into a harness until he is 10!

Yay! Will you only be answering questions on the new 90 seats or will there be anything on a new booster?

Nothing on boosters at this time, sorry. Hopefully soon!

It sounded like they might not even have latch? At least that it's recommend to only use the seat belt.

LATCH is a federal requirement, but it doesn't have to be the preferred installation method, of course!

But they've always had such great latch installs on their seats and were they the first to have the easy to use latch buckles? Why would this be? Is it the new weight of the seat combined with new latch limits?

In 2014, LATCH will be nearly useless for forward facing harness seats. Hopefully, we will see other innovations for seatbelt installation moving forward.

Any other specific questions I might have prepared for Monday? I think I have answers to most of those posted so far.

agave

I must know more about new boosters! I hope they are out early June I have a kid expecting a birthday booster.

StillThankful

... my almost-8-year-old ...is moving back into a harness until he is 10!

Why are you moving him back into a harness until he's 10? Just curious.

I'm thinking of letting DD1 go booster full time when she turns 7--she's been begging to be in a booster so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here.

crunchierthanthou

Why are you moving him back into a harness until he's 10? Just curious.

I'm thinking of letting DD1 go booster full time when she turns 7--she's been begging to be in a booster so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here.

I think Darren was joking that he'd even consider reharnessing his 8 year old if they came out with his team's color scheme.

crunchierthanthou

Hope I'm not stealing any thunder, but from The Car Seat Lady on FB-

Mums the word until noon tomorrow... but let's just say the technology we love in CYBEX's Aton base (the belt tensioning plate that makes seat belt & LATCH installations a cinch) might be coming to another fantastic seat.

But wait... it gets better! This new seat can be installed with the seat belt using just 1 person who is using just 1 hand (the Aton needs 1 person, but 2 hands). Skeptical? We'll have the video to prove it tomorrow, so stay tuned...

I can only assume she's talking about the Britax Combos.

InternationalMama

Hope I'm not stealing any thunder, but from The Car Seat Lady on FB-

I can only assume she's talking about the Britax Combos.

I was wondering if it might work like the Aton base. How does everyone feel about belt tensioning plates? It sort of reminds me of the Mighty Tite. I mean, if the device holding the tension breaks then the carseat is not tightly installed anymore, right?

Athena

I was wondering if it might work like the Aton base. How does everyone feel about belt tensioning plates? It sort of reminds me of the Mighty Tite. I mean, if the device holding the tension breaks then the carseat is not tightly installed anymore, right?

I've never used a seat that tightened itself and am a bit suspicious given what I've read about the mighty tite. I'm way more interested in the FF safety technology and increased height. I can already install the current Frontier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC