1 Graco Size 4 Me 70 Has Issues

D

Driver

I bought three Graco Size4Me 70 Convertible Car Seat to have one in each of my vehichles. Unfortunately, there is a serious design flaw with the harness. Graco customer service is sending me Fed Ex lables to return all 3 seats for a full refund. However, I believe this seat should be recalled.

When pulling the belt to tighten the harness the strap gets caught on the back of the seat. There is a little buldge where the strap is sewn into a loop. This buldge snags on the plastic guide and no matter how hard I pull I cannot get the seat to tighten. The only solution is to reach around to the back of the seat and lift the belt up over the plastic guide with one hand as you tighten the belt in the front with the other. Our baby is rear facing. I don't know how this would be possible forward facing.

I have also found that the left and right side of the harness do not tighten evenly, so you end up with one side that is loose. This is obviously not safe. Graco says the solution is to pull the legs tight, then slide the chest harness all the way down before pulling the belt tight. However, this did not seem to make a difference for me.

I would bet good money that there are lots of people driving around with loose belts thinking that since they pulled until the belt is tight they are OK and not realizing that the belt is snagged and their babies are not safe.

ADS

linneabw

I thought this was a common problem. My sil has that seat and you can tighten the harness easily without a child in it, but once they are in, it won't budge! She just doesn't loosen it. But fixing the problem would be ideal. Should she file a complaint too? Keep us updated!

kaharris83

I had the same issue with the 3 I had. I cringe when I see them recommended because I worry they will end up being used improperly as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC