Help for a friend with crashed seats

mybabybean

I have been trying to help a friend of mine who just totaled her car. Luckily both kids were in car seats and were unharmed however her seat belt did not lock and her airbag did not deploy???:confused:
Anyways, she is currently borrowing 2 of my outgrown, not expired seats(scenera and eddie bauer alpha omega, same height/weight limits) till she hopefully gets the insurance money.
When I measured her kids to make sure they fit before loaning the seats, this is what I got
DD 4yrs5mon, 40in about 35lb (put her in the scenera)
DS 3yrs8mon, 39in about 35lb (put him in the alpha omega)
Both seats have a 43in height/40lb weight limit and each kid has about 1-1.5in till they are at the top slots! So, I was trying to help recommend seats for her since clearly they will outgrow these loaner seats very shortly.
Since they are clearly too little to booster I was looking for higher height/weight limit harnessed seats. I just did this for my 4yo and felt comfortable with my choices but now I am panicking since it is someone else's money and kids! Her budget is limited, especially if the insurance money does not come through, so I recommended a Harmony defender 360(if the crotch strap is long enough for them) or a Graco nautilus. These were the highest limits for the least money that I know of. Am I missing something? Are there better options for her? HELP!!

ADS

mybabybean

The Evenflo Maestro and Securekid both come to mind.

The maestro I had considered as an option for her. I am confused about the Securekid. Walmart's website says 43in height limit with harness, evenflo website says 50in. does Walmart have an older version or is it a misprint??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC