Airbag video?

*HH*

Does anyone know of any videoclips showing what might happen if you put a child in front of an airbag? I would be grateful if I could get some links :)

I'd like to see videoes of children in carseats and without carseats(if it exsists).

In Norway it is reccomended that children stay in the backseat until they are 12 years old and over 140 cm(55.1" ). I don't know what the reccomandations is elsewhere?

ADS

CandCfam

I'm not sure if I've seen a video, but here a pre crash and post crash tests of a RF seat installed in front of an airbag.
Pre
ETA: There is a video HERE of a RF infant seat in front of an airbag.

Not sure if those will help you or not though.

THIS is an informational video stressing children should not ride in front of an airbag.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
You absolutely cannot install a rear facing car seat in front of an active airbag.

However, if you must put a front facing child in the front seat, the biggest risk is if the child is out of position (e.g., leaning forward) or improperly restrained. The IIHS has some good information about kids and airbags. Here are the links (these are all PDF format):
About your airbags
Kids & airbags
Need an airbag on/off switch? Probably not

Here are their crash test videos:
Full frontal test with and without airbag, 95th percentile dummy
Rear-facing infant seat with deploying front passenger airbag test

*HH*

Thank you :D

I have no plan putting my child in front of an airbag, I just want some links for my homepage. I got so frustrated the other day when I picked up my son from kindergarden. A mum picking up her son, she had to boosters in the back but sat her son in the front seat with just the seatbelt. Some people are so careless :(

Just have to add that my son sits RF in both cars ;)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC