Nextfit Manual is up

ADS

zactayaus

Page 9 says: "NEVER use the Child Restraint
without the shoulder pads."

Page 12 says: "NEVER remove harness or shoulder pads from Child Restraint."

I wonder how many of these will show up at seat checks over the next few years without the shoulder pads.:(

ETA: Page 31 says: "Make sure no more than 3 inches of the
Child Restraint base is past the edge of the vehicle seat."

jjordan

I'm pretty impressed with the manual.

I think it's interesting that they specify that the chest clip has to be on the narrower setting for RF. I wonder if that would cause the straps to cut into the necks of larger RF kids?

Persimmon

I'm not seeing any RF height limit or restriction on which headrest positions can be used RF. Am I missing anything?

I accidentally started a thread asking the same thing. Oops. All I can find is that the harness must be at or below the shoulders. I can't seem to find anything in the manual about 1" from top of shell or headrest or overall height limit besides 50". Does that mean that the child can be RF as long as they are below 50" and the harness is at or below the shoulders?

I am a little worried about the chest clip. My friend's son pushes down the Size4 Me's chest clip and then unclips it. She really wants this seat.

MommyShannon

RF you can always keep the harness "at or below" since as they grow it just gets further "below". Its definitely missing something here!
I wonder if the pads are even able to be removed as hard as that was stressed and that the harness can't be removed.

MamaErin

Can all 9 recline positions be used RFing? I tried to find it the manual but couldn't.

I don't think they can. If you watch the release video in the other post, it shows 2 indicators on the side, one for RF and one for FF, they overlap a little but not completely, it looked like the most upright few were FF only and the most reclined few were RF only.

MotoMommaNH

watching the videos on the website, it appears this seat will not allow RF tethering?
that's sort of disappointing :( Was hoping for some sort of anti-rebound.

jjordan

watching the videos on the website, it appears this seat will not allow RF tethering?

The manual specifically says that the tether must be stored (so, not used) when the seat is rear facing.

Stelvis

But, the Keyfit passes the Canadian standards without additional ARB, right? So maybe they designed it with some anti rebound in the design of the seat?

If it truly can be used RF in all headrest positions, I'm sold. That's one tall seat.

MotoMommaNH

hmmm maybe you are correct...the front is sort of tall-ish. That could act like anti-rebound if it's taller where it meets the vehicle seat back?

Stelvis

hmmm maybe you are correct...the front is sort of tall-ish. That could act like anti-rebound if it's taller where it meets the vehicle seat back?

Yeah, I'm just speculating. But it has everything else I want.

I'm impressed by how much the manual emphasizes rear facing over and over again. It's awesome.

Carolinadaisy

I also liked how the manual shows people where to look to find their top tether anchors. It showed a variety of locations. The ones under the back of the seat are often missed.

I am thinking they did leave out a critical piece of information for erf people. There truly is no rf height limit listed or 1" from top of shell or if it is 1" from top of headrest in highest position.

tiggercat

But, the Keyfit passes the Canadian standards without additional ARB, right? So maybe they designed it with some anti rebound in the design of the seat?

If it truly can be used RF in all headrest positions, I'm sold. That's one tall seat.

The key fit requires the handle to be up in the vehicle, which is how many seats meet the standard. Some, like the babytrend, manage to meet the standard without any obvious ARB mechanisms.

It still remains to be seen when/if the nextfit makes it to Canada. I would be thrilled to see an ARB on it!

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Stelvis

I also liked how the manual shows people where to look to find their top tether anchors. It showed a variety of locations. The ones under the back of the seat are often missed.

I am thinking they did leave out a critical piece of information for erf people. There truly is no rf height limit listed or 1" from top of shell or if it is 1" from top of headrest in highest position.

I agree. Maybe they're thinking virtually kids will hit 40 lbs before ever hitting the 1" mark?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC