Best luggage cart for Combi Cocorro & Airplane aisles?

Adorkable

Flying with 2 year old twins next month, thinking I'm going to get 2 Combi Cocorros, even though i will only get a short amount of use out of them, they fit down the isles I'm thinking and thinking that is a very good thing when juggling travel.

does anyone have luggage cart recommendations or warnings. ones that fit the Cocorro super well or styles that dont at all?

I'm having a fantasy about something like a double snap and go being made that fits down aisles and takes toddler seats, but until that miracle happens...

also am i correct in thinking if i really want it to fit rolling down the isle AND be lightweight, that i'm kinda stuck with the Cocorro? others seem a lot wider or like my Foonfi, a lot heavier

ADS

Ozella21

The foonf fits down the aisle but it is no were near lightweight, any folding luggage cart should work as long as it is not past 17" wide, however, I will tell you that some flight will have to narrow an aisle for anything to fit. I flew with our foonf and on one of the flights we ended up with an extremely narrow aisle. Also practice taking the seats on and off the cart many times and quickly. How are you planning on corralling your toddlers? That can be important to as when you go through security you will have to put your shoes back on and possibly reassemble your car-seat puzzle.

My foonf on the cart:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91687233@N08/8444106709/

This was a wall-mart purchase my only wish was that it was taller, but we also had a double stroller with us.

This is the cart I used:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Travel-Smart-by-Conair-CTS-Folding-Luggage-Cart/22056879

Adorkable

I guess what I was asking is if some luggage carts fit the CCO better? Since some have a flat shelf while others just have some rods for their bottom, I figure some fit better than others.

Just my luck I would by one with two poles that are just the wrong width and make the seats rock back and forth or something.

While I'm not against using my foonfi, I think it might be worth the investment, we may be doing a very large amount of travel in the next 6-7 months as we do the legwork for a cross country move. Anything that makes it a bit easier seems good. Mostly I just want them to be super comfy on the long flights, so they can nap and not fidget too much.

Ozella21

Do you already have a combi? Are you planning on having the kiddos in a stroller for the airport? I put my myride on the handle bars of my double.

Someone who has a combi should be able to tell you more, I do not think the one I posted would work well with a combi just because of the way the bars are. You are planning on using two combi's on the plane right? that might be important to, some of the carts are not tall enough to put two seats on. (look for one at least 2-4 inches taller than the one I posted it would have been way to short)

You will also need extra bungee cords no matter what.

Adorkable

i have not bought the CCO yet, but plan on in the next few days unless something better comes up.

i plan on using them, each on their own luggage cart as a way to move my kids thru the airports and onto the planes. we will have 2 or 3 adults for each flight.

so i want a good secure attachment and a strength that will take my kids' 25+lbs as well

if this works i will be checking my stroller, it is a stroller that we can gate check but not one that i would put two seats on in any way (kinderwagon) so it seems like having something that i can take down the aisle is a benefit that outweighs having yet another thing to have in the cars and such.

Adorkable

i was thinking when i got 2 luggage carts that i know work, i would rivet some ratchet straps, trimmed to just the right length on it, so it was a very straight forward hook up.

i tend to engineer things, I'm one of those tool using monkeys

Ozella21

Just make sure that when you add things to it that it will still fit down the aisle and fold down, you must be able to put the cart under the seats. I was told this on the first plane. You will also have to take the seat off of the cart security and walk the kids through (one kid to one adult works best try to have one kid free adult on the opposite side collecting stuff as it goes through the security line as the first to go through). If anyone is going to have electronics, have them all in one bag. That way the first one through can put them all back in the back then start helping wrangle kids while you wait for you car-seats to be returned and them back on the carts.

Adorkable

yeah thanks all good tips for folks, i am a overly experienced traveler in general, actually in the process of getting my pre check screeening pass so i dont have to do half this crap anymore. i fly a too much. it's the kid thing that I'm new at. the kids have actually already flown across country with us 3 times. so we are getting good at that too, now it's just learning the carseat thing

Last edited:

Ozella21

yeah thanks all good tips for folks, i am a overly experiences flier in general, actually in the process of getting my pre check screeening pass so i dont have to do half this crap anymore. i fly a ton. it the kid thing that I'm new at. the kids have actually already flown across country with us 3 times. so we are getting good at that too, now its just learning the carseat thing

Ahh, good to know, I will warn you that car seats seem to throw everyone for a loop. We almost got our Myride stuck on one of the flights, because when my hubby installed it (For the First and last time), he forgot to make sure he could still lift of the belt release. It is easier to get the seatbelt extender as you are boarding the plane, (if needed I would check the combi thread) otherwise it takes a while to get it.

Is there a place that sells luggage carts near you? Oh and Combi FF right? you might consider using the top tether to help stabilize the seat from tipping forward (off of the cart) with kiddo in it. I think the hardest time you will have is finding a cart with a long enough base to support complete bottom of the seat so that a child can sit in it. Would you be able to retrofit the britex cart for that?

I just looked at the angle of the seat, I'm not sure you will be able to get a good fit on a luggage cart.

Last edited:

Adorkable

yeah i was looking at the shape and worrying about the fit as well, hence the thread. since it is so often mentioned as a flight seat, I'm figuring there has got to be a few folks here that have done this already, no sense in my reinventing the wheel right?

i'm going to get the seat from amazon probably and cart as well, that way if i have any fit issues i can return them easy.

rachelandtyke

I have a GogoKidz, so used that when I flew with my CCO the first time. After that, though, I got the CCO storage bag and just used that to tote it through the airport and let DS walk holding my hand.

Adorkable

It's so lame that 2 out of 3 of the gogos do not really go down the aisles. If I'm left with just the option of the smallest one, it's just a luggage cart, not much more.

I don't feel like walking them is a good option for us. Too hectic at this age.

Eclipsepearl

I like luggage carts with telescoping handles. Make sure it has a METAL, not plastic base. The Gogo has a plastic base and those tend to break. Better to not have any "wings" that flip out.

I'm tall so I need it to go well high.

This is mine but it's expensive (better prices than this though). It was originally bought through work. I was a Flight Attendant and started before those awful roll-aboards became popular and I changed airlines. So it's lasted over a quarter century with only adding a bit of oil.

But look at its features. This is the Rolls Royce of luggage carts;

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Remin-Kart-A-Bag-Flite-Lite-525/dp/B001K25NTU"]Amazon.com: Remin Kart-A-Bag Flite-Lite 525: Clothing[/ame]

penguingrooves

if you're okay with one of the adults walking with the twins, i bungee-cord the carseat to a rollie carry-on suitcase - the carseat is upside down, with the inner seating area facing the suitcase. my husband and i did this with two britax carseats when we had only two kids, ages 3 1/2 years and 15 months. we didn't have any trouble rolling through the aisles on cross-continental flights.

we looked ridiculous though: two rollie suitcases each with a carseat, diaper backpack, younger child in an ergo and a fisher-price portable booster chair. going through security was hectic, but it took up only a small portion of total travel time and would be hectic with any seats. also, my kids got to use the carseats they were used to at all stages of travel.

Last edited:

Kathelen

CPS Technician
I have twins and have flown with them and car seats 3 times so far. The last time they were 3 years old and we used the gogo kids travelmate and I bought Evenflo Tribute Sports for the trip. We have MA70 and MR65 but I didn't want to take them (traveled with the MA70 once before and had to carry it over my head down the aisle).

I researched seat widths for planes and car seats and even checked the aisle width on seatguru.com. We were able to push the girls down the aisle in the tributes strapped to the gogo kids. It was so easy this time! We also slid the gogo kids under the seat in front of us while in flight. Oh and I always ask the TSA to wand the seats so I don't have to disassemble them from the gogo.

Adorkable

i have never seen aisle width info and keep looking for it, i assume 17 was always safe since that is the seat width and the carry on width. i just looked again with no luck and seat guru, Kathelen do you have a link to that info?

it looks like the CCO will not work for my larger boy, his seated height is about 20.25, so even though he is only 36" total, he seems to have a tall torso, just my luck. my girl on the other hand is leggy and is much easier to fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC