Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

City Mini Snack Tray - Good or bad?

I'm thinking about getting the snack tray for my BJCM, but I hate the mixed reviews. I have a 33" 18 month old that rides in the stroller.

If you have one, what are your thoughts? Useless? Too high? Awesome?

Thanks!
    Alana
    DS - 8/07
    DD - 3/09
    DD -7/11

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: City Mini Snack Tray - Good or bad?

I have one but my 3yr old is 40inches tall so the height factor doesn't really matter to us (I didn't get i until this past summer) So far Ive just used it to rest my phone on it so she can watch youtube. If you can wait until tomorrow and remind me I can see how my it fits my niece she will be 2 in may but is tiny.

I can tell you that I find it annoying to put the stroller in the trunk of the car with it on.

It is a little high as far as trays go, but it's totally fine for an 18 month old. Here's my almost 20 month in his city mini--he can easily get the sippy cup in/out of the cup holder and "zoom-zoom" his ambulance. He has a relatively short torso and the tray falls about halfway between his waist and chest (where a chest clip goes).

Mom to Tay, June 2011 RF in a Foonf or Peg Perego Convertible
    Baby J riding in an Aton 2 or Cocorro

5. Thank You from:

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

I used one for my daughter about that age. If anything, it was useful as one more step to slow down my Houdini. I rarely folded or put it in the car, though.

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    I've always felt it was too high, but DS was able to figure it out and use it regardless. I think it's worth it.