rep question

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I don't know if there is a limit... but I do know that you can get it more than once. I think I've had 4 - 5 people give me rep for the same post.

yea ive had several people give rep for one post, but i can only go so far back lol and i dont remember if i ever got over 2

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Yeah, I can't double check either because you can only go so far back.

Which brings me to another question...
Is there anyway to see all rep points/comments that you've ever gotten and not just the most recent?

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
You can receive rep from more than one person for the same post.

You cannot GIVE rep to someone more than once for the same post. :)

no i mean can 5 people give you rep for the same posts?

i usually get 2...but i cant remember if ive ever gotten more than that.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
As far as I can tell, there is no limit to how many different users can give reputation to a single post.

There is a setting that limits the number of ratings you can see to the 10 most recent. I can increase this if most people would like that.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
As far as I can tell, there is no limit to how many different users can give reputation to a single post.

There is a setting that limits the number of ratings you can see to the 10 most recent. I can increase this if most people would like that.

id lvoe to see all the rep ive gotten :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think I got like 6 votes for the Australian tethering post I did :eek:

Yeah, seeing more than the last ten might be fun.... :rolleyes:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Rep is kept anonymous for those who prefer it that way. For those who don't care, it's perfectly fine to sign your username in your comment.

LimePink

Senior Community Member
Ok I've read through this and still don't quite get it.

Can some people give more rep than others? Can you always see which post of yours earned the rep?

I can see two people have left me rep, and their comments. My rep is at 16. Does that mean they both left me 8?

Do you earn rep by giving it as well?

I'm so confused!!:confused:
--Feel free to point me to a thread on this...I've looked over some but still found them to be confusing.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I don't think it's spelled out anywhere. What I've gathered is:
- You start out with 5 points, just for registering.
- Some people can give more points than others, but the only way to tell how many points you got from a given entry is if you pay attention to how many points you have before and after.
- Your User CP shows the last 25 entries to your reputation.

LimePink

Senior Community Member
What amounts can people give? Does it go by the number of posts they have, how long they've been a member, how much rep they have given, how much rep they have themselves...? Does it have anything to do with which part of the forum you received the rep in? (Coffee Break vs. Car Seats)

One last question! Can you always see who gave you rep? I can see who gave me rep and their comments...but can people give rep w/o leaving a comment and then whoever they gave the rep to just sees an increase in points and no name or comment? Did that make sense?

Sorry for all of the questions! Guess it's not super important to know...I'm just curious:eek:

southpawboston

if you donate to the forum at the benefactor level and above, or you are a moderator, you will see in the rep section of your user CP a column with the user name of the person who left you rep. non-donators and non-moderators do not have this view. but every user sees an line entry for every person who has left you rep. in it will be a link to the post you made which earned you the rep, the date and time, and a comment line. the person who leaves the rep can leave the comment line blank if they wish. as for how many points can be left, i know it has to do with some level of "experience" but i don't know the exact formula (i.e., i don't know if it's based on how much rep the person leaving it has, or if it's based on the number of posts, user title, etc). when i get rep from a new user, it's usually one or two points. if i get rep from a moderator, it's usually 10-20 points.

LimePink

Senior Community Member
SPB- Thanks! This all needs to be written in FAQs or something...it is pretty confusing. Well, written in FAQs when it's all figured out.:)
BTW- you were able to give me 4:thumbsup:

Wooo....movin on up!!:cool:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC