Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Any tips, stroller seems tippy with diaper bag with stroller straps....

I don't recall this being an issue with my last diaper bag, a lexie Barnes darling (which I lost )

I now have a skip hop dash and a jujube be right back and a 2003 mountain buggy. Both bags are okay with the toddlers I watch but not with the 3 month old in it and reclined and the brb was tippy with an empty stroller.

Curious what others do.

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Any tips, stroller seems tippy with diaper bag with stroller straps....

I generally try to keep the diaper bag as far forward on the handles as possible and with my lighter-weight strollers I hang the bag by the shoulder strap so it's closer to the ground . Putting some weight in the basket can also help, but with a baby and the stroller fully reclined, you might just need to either carry the diaper bag or put it in the basket for the time-being.
    Mom to Tay, June 2011 RF in a Foonf or Peg Perego Convertible
    Baby J riding in an Aton 2 or Cocorro

Yeah, won't fit in the basket, the brb is very easy to carry on my back though. I think I'll try taking two bags one with extra clothes that will fit in the basket to weigh it down a bit and then the other bag would be lighter.

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

I don't remember where I heard this, but it's been a lifesaver for us when we had this issue...

Get some strap on ankle weights (usually available everywhere - Walmart, etc) and strap them onto each leg on the front of the stroller.

We put a set - I think they were 3lbs each - on our lightweight umbrella stroller, and it works great. And, at least for our stroller, it doesn't get in the way of folding it either.

Hopefully that helps!

Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by amandaj553 View Post
    I don't remember where I heard this, but it's been a lifesaver for us when we had this issue...

Get some strap on ankle weights (usually available everywhere - Walmart, etc) and strap them onto each leg on the front of the stroller.

We put a set - I think they were 3lbs each - on our lightweight umbrella stroller, and it works great. And, at least for our stroller, it doesn't get in the way of folding it either.

Hopefully that helps!

Amanda
    Good idea!
    Rachel - CPST-I and Mommy to:
    Tripp - 12/22/07 48" and 45# FF FR85
    Aubrey - 11/20/09 38" and 33# ERF in an XTSL
    Bella- 7/13/11 33.5" 24#- XTSL and MySize70

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by amandaj553 View Post

Hopefully that helps!

Amanda
    They used to sell stroller weights, that worked the same, but they were thinner and easier to get on the stroller and did not effect the way the stroller folded, etc...

I haven't seen them in 5+ years though.
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

Carseat Crazy

I attach my stroller straps to the rear uprights, just above where the basket is attached, It doesn't make the stroller tippy, and is still out of the way. It doesn't work with all bags on all strollers, but it's worth a try.