Any tips, stroller seems tippy with diaper bag with stroller straps....

emandbri

I don't recall this being an issue with my last diaper bag, a lexie Barnes darling (which I lost :) )

I now have a skip hop dash and a jujube be right back and a 2003 mountain buggy. Both bags are okay with the toddlers I watch but not with the 3 month old in it and reclined and the brb was tippy with an empty stroller.

Curious what others do.

ADS

sparkle3116

I generally try to keep the diaper bag as far forward on the handles as possible and with my lighter-weight strollers I hang the bag by the shoulder strap so it's closer to the ground . Putting some weight in the basket can also help, but with a baby and the stroller fully reclined, you might just need to either carry the diaper bag or put it in the basket for the time-being.

emandbri

Yeah, won't fit in the basket, the brb is very easy to carry on my back though. I think I'll try taking two bags one with extra clothes that will fit in the basket to weigh it down a bit and then the other bag would be lighter.

amandaj553

I don't remember where I heard this, but it's been a lifesaver for us when we had this issue...

Get some strap on ankle weights (usually available everywhere - Walmart, etc) and strap them onto each leg on the front of the stroller.

We put a set - I think they were 3lbs each - on our lightweight umbrella stroller, and it works great. And, at least for our stroller, it doesn't get in the way of folding it either.

Hopefully that helps!

Amanda

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I don't remember where I heard this, but it's been a lifesaver for us when we had this issue...

Get some strap on ankle weights (usually available everywhere - Walmart, etc) and strap them onto each leg on the front of the stroller.

We put a set - I think they were 3lbs each - on our lightweight umbrella stroller, and it works great. And, at least for our stroller, it doesn't get in the way of folding it either.

Hopefully that helps!

Amanda

Good idea!

NVMBR02

Hopefully that helps!

Amanda

They used to sell stroller weights, that worked the same, but they were thinner and easier to get on the stroller and did not effect the way the stroller folded, etc...

I haven't seen them in 5+ years though.

D&L's-mommy

I attach my stroller straps to the rear uprights, just above where the basket is attached, It doesn't make the stroller tippy, and is still out of the way. It doesn't work with all bags on all strollers, but it's worth a try.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC