Left my first note today.

Baylor

I could not not leave a note. Graco Nautilus. No head rest.

Just left a note saying headrest was required and please check manual and they could come here for help if they needed it.

Signed it concerned mom.

It just got to me today. Today no matter where I went I say bad use, no use or ridiculous use..

ADS

Baylor

I know I am not a CPST. I can not wait to get certified.

I just felt I needed to say something.

I did not have my USAA booklets with me or I would have left one of them. Its all I have to offer.. :(

Baylor

I moved a TB headrest up in the K pickup line today. It's a neighbor that I know and the poor girl had to lean forward because her shoulders didn't fit under the headwings. I moved it up about 3 clicks, re-threaded the belt back into the belt guide, and sent them on their way.

YAY! At least there is one more safer kid today!

MommyShannon

I was over the moon to discover a mom in our moms' group had her 3.5 year old in a carseat installed tightly and top tethered! Its pretty uncommon here.

Baylor

I peeked and could not figure out what I was looking at from a distance.. Then all of a sudden when I walked by into the home depot, I was like.. CRAP.. That is a Headless GN..

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
At least it was FF....? Imagine my dismay to see one of my fellow employees at BRU with a headless RF GN in her car :( I couldn't even be nice when I accosted her in the store and told her it was wrong.:eek: Geeeeeesh.

Baylor

Oh my gosh..

What is with people? Read the manual! Just look at the pictures if you don't want to actually read it!!

About Target? I would take that to the manager.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I was even going to buy her a convertible, but she traded with her friend who had an older toddler (I had convinced THAT girl to get a Tribute, somehow the dolt managing our gear section just DID NOT GET that the Nautilus is NOT for kids under one, raved about it being the best seat ever, and the fact that it was in the BOOSTER section got through to none of them :confused::eek:). Needless to say, there's not a lot of time for me to train my coworkers :eek:

Sorry for the hijack, Baylor. I'm glad you were brave enough to leave a note :)

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Baylor said:
Oh my gosh..

What is with people? Read the manual! Just look at the pictures if you don't want to actually read it!!

About Target? I would take that to the manager.

Have. Response was, "it's a display model and came that way". :headesk;

Baylor

Yeah, I was even going to buy her a convertible, but she traded with her friend who had an older toddler (I had convinced THAT girl to get a Tribute, somehow the dolt managing our gear section just DID NOT GET that the Nautilus is NOT for kids under one, raved about it being the best seat ever, and the fact that it was in the BOOSTER section got through to none of them :confused::eek:). Needless to say, there's not a lot of time for me to train my coworkers :eek:

Sorry for the hijack, Baylor. I'm glad you were brave enough to leave a note :)

Hijack away. :).

auto correct hates me

Ozella21

Maybe take a picture, contact Graco, and tell them the manager told you it came that way.

Perhaps Graco will make them fix it??

I wonder how many parents have used the seat wrong because of how it was displayed? I can easily see some one like my hubby do that, he doesn't always read instructions. (almost never, I make him with the car seats.)

brooklynsmommy

I'm a boss at a fast food restaurant. I hate working drive thru for this very reason. I did however say something when a headrestless nauti came through. This child was correctly buckled in with tight straps and chest clip in the correct spot. Even the TT was done. Someone obviously cared... they just missed a crutial step! Dad was very receptive.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC