Help me decide, please

Ninetales

We were fortunate enough to get a much larger refund on our taxes than we expected so I think I'm getting my daughter a Frontier. She's three in about ten days, 45 lbs, almost 40 inches.

I'm trying to decide whether to go for the SICT or not. I drive an '04 Impala with no side airbags. It has to be outboard because I have another child, plus I'm having an issue with the center seatbelt.

The odds of needing a 3-across are pretty minimal. We're not planning another child for three or four years yet and by then we'll likely have replaced the car. Even if not, I can figure it out later.

So, your personal preference - SICT or no? The price difference is about $40, which wouldn't be a big deal, but I do like to spend less when I can. Plus I like the cow cover.

ADS

jjordan

Sure, why not? It couldn't hurt. $40 over the life of the seat is, what, less than $5/year. I personally would feel more comfortable with the SICT seat in your situation - no side airbags and no need/desire for 3 across. Though it stinks that the SICT doesn't come in cow. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC