Yesterday we trashed the OS parkways (share yours!)

arly1983

Yesterday we trashed the OS parkways that my niece was riding in. One expired in april and the other in august of this year. Both covers were falling off and the headrests were sliding down. She moved into two highback turbo boosters that we already had (my mom, myself, and my sister often trade seats back and forth for use with my 3 LOs and my niece). My niece was pleased. Turbos were spitfire (black/green) and some other bepto pink pattern with teal paisleys I can't remember the name to.

We were all so sad to see them go. They will be missed for being so narrow, no armrest for easy buckling, and the wonderful headrest for sleeping.

Share the seats that you were sad to see trashed. ;)

ADS

mominabigtruck

My blue denim husky. It was a beast but it installed everywhere and the kids always fought over who got to ride in the big blue seat.

tiggercat

My blue denim husky. It was a beast but it installed everywhere and the kids always fought over who got to ride in the big blue seat.

I think I was saddest to retire the husky too. Ah, the foreign blue recliner...

I hated trashing the SIV that I never got to use (snagged harness).

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

arly1983

Oh, yeah! I had a loved Denim Husky, too, that expired. It was really great.

I never had a SIV but everyone always raved about them here so imagine that was super painful esp since you never used it.

mominabigtruck

I saw a siv at the thrift store yesterday. I almost got it but then I realized I was running late and didn't have time to wait to have someone get it down for me.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Our o/s parkway expires later this year! I was going to get rid of it because dd moved to a backless in dh's car but she said NO!!!!! So......we put it back in the car for her. Honestly, she looked far more comfy in the backless but she loves the seat and is a bit like her mom.....sad to get rid of something she loves. :)

I was very sad both times I had to get rid of our o/s marathons in denim. Man, I loved those seats.

arly1983

All car seats should come in that very same denim britax used. I also had a marathon and roundabout in denim and they just felt so good.

bekah

I will be sad when we retire dd's Marathon next year. It has lasted her 5 years and was the first seat I moved her to after her infant seat. It is the pink flowery one that Target used to sell and was the first gender specific baby gear item I ever bought.

NVMBR02

Our Parkway expires at the end of the year. I will be sad to see it go. It has a purple (plush) cover and an express cover. I love that seat. :(

jujumum

I was super sad to see our fsvd go :( It was the first convertible I bought I loved the circus dot cover.

I LOVED the FPSVD!!! We parted with ours to move to the MR (not because it expired), but that was the easiest to use and most loved seat I've ever owned.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC