Ameriprise Auto Insurance

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I've never heard of Ameriprise, but it will likely depend on your state, how your policy is written, and (to some extent) the adjuster you get. Best thing to do is to call and find out. Be armed with info from the manufacturer.

aporthole

Yes. We have Ameriprise and they have been great.

We were recently rear ended while parked in a Walgreens parking lot. I went in to grab something and DH was in the car with the kids. They were all still buckled. Some crazy dude did a burnout into the parking lot, slammed his van into reverse and rammed into the back of our Pilot. Passenger side tail light got busted out and the corner of the bumper got messed up. The driver was late 50s early 60s was all emotional and told DH he was having problems with a girl and having a bad day. Luckily the other guy had insurance but they were being stingy about paying out. DD was in a KeyFit and DS was in a Blvd. Chicco says replace after ANY accident, so I had to send a few emails back and forth with the other guy's insurance and they finally agreed to replace the Keyfit but they wanted us to go buy a replacement first, then submit the receipt, and turn over the crashed KeyFit to them. We had spare seats for the kids, but we didn't have the cash to instantly replace the original one.

We told our insurance (Ameriprise) that the other guy's insurance was making things difficult, and they instantly wrote us a check for the full retail cost of the KeyFit AND the Blvd (which technically could still be used since it met minor crash requirements).

aporthole

I forgot to add that all we had to do was send an email to our insurance claim rep with the info for the seats and a picture of our original seats installed in the car.

I found sites that had our listed for full retail (Babies R Us for KeyFit and Target for the Blvd). I added each item to the online cart which also showed price with tax added), then took a screen shot of each of the checkout cart pages with the total price shown. I ended up getting a Frontier 85 for DS for $205 from Albee Baby (no tax, free shipping) so we actually made money since they paid us out full retail + tax.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC