How much longer in a MA for this child?

Michi

Can anyone 'guestimate" how much longer this child would have in a MA?
I'm having such a hard time because her shoulders really slope!
IMG_3488a.jpg

Anyways...I am fed-up and frustrated with our Regent.
I have HAD it with the twisting/roping straps and the 'less than perfect' install since the recall.

I have called Britax numerous times to complain...and today they finally called me back and they said that I could 'exchange' it for another MA if I wanted to!!!

Part of me is really doing a happy dance, because we get a GREAT install with our MA, but another part of me is worried that she won't have very long in the MA. (I would be thrilled if we could get another 1 1/2 yrs!)

Oh and ...they only offered me 2 patterns...Granite or Cowmoo...I chose the Cowmoo! :D

ADS

CandCfam

Based on how long it took McKenzie to get from the 3rd to the 4th slots (she still has a touch of growing room to be even with the 4th set), I'd say at least a year.

keri1292

At least a year if she doesn't hit any crazy growht spurts would be my guess. But, I have small kids. My ~ 7 year old still fits in a MA.
Also, you can try installing the MA in different seats to buy you more growth room. My dd has a lot more growing room when her seat is installed on the very flat captains chair compared to our sloped 3rd row.

Auntie2Avi

When Avi turned FF at 17 months and 33 lbs he was about 1/2-1 inch under the 2nd slots, but far enough about the 3rd to need them. He is now just above the 2nd slots, but enough that he needs the top slots of the seat. I am told that eventually kids start growing in their legs and not their torso's, but I am still waiting for that to happen with Avi.

Here is a pic of Avi the first day he was turned FF, sorry it is small. In my siggy I have a current picture of him.

Last edited:

Suzibeck

We got about 2 years growth from that point with my middle dd. I'm expecting longer with my youngest as she grows slower.

Michi

That is my 4 year old.
She is 41 lbs, and she has a (sitting) torso height of 14-15 inches (...depending on what part of her shoulder I measure - I never noticed how much they slope!):confused:

DH thinks we should put her in a booster instead - a monarch - like the other two....but I really want her harnessed!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I agree with you- keep her harnessed! She has quite a bit of growing room in the Marathon. I would keep her harnessed as long as you can in the Marathon. :)

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I say you easily have 1.5yrs in the MA. My oldest is 6yrs old and still fit in her old MA. We passed it down to little sister who outgrow her RA. We moved our 6yr old to a Regent.

LuvBug

shes got lots of room, Id keep her in it! My just turned 4yo DS doesnt fit in the MA at all :p so we didnt have an option. And now he is using the 2nd from top slots of the regent, closer to being even with them than the ones below(not sure the exact distance, so imagine he is slightly over halfway).
My niece on the other hand. She turned 3 in may and where it looked like she was going to be like DS... now that she is potty trained she is even with the 2nd from top slots :eek:
We thought she would need a regent by january... but not anymore! I told sis to milk it until she is about to outgrow, and then see what options are out. Im pissed at britax still... so Im avoiding them if I can :p lol!

Anyway, she has about the same amount of room as my 3yo DNi... so I say milk it lol! or you could get a radian or como and milk it a little longer...

Michi

Actually she is in a Regent right now with YEARS of growing room.
I am thinking of going 'back' a step to a MA - just because I really don't like the Regent. I was just worried if it's worth it at this point to get her a MA if she only has just one year in it...KWIM?

So...do I just 'put up with' the Regent - which would last her a very long time, or do I go 'back' to a MA, knowing that she may only have a year in it - BUT it fits much better in our vehicle than the Regent. :confused:

LuvBug

thats really going to be a parental decision. I cant really weigh in on it because I LOVE my husky/regent. So Id say use it... BUT she has a lot of room in the MA, so she could use that... Assuming it didnt affect any of the other children in a negative way, I wouldnt go out and buy another MA. If I was to buy another seat Id probably try the radian or como.

You have got a minimum of a year in the MA, but should be much more... you never know what might come available between now and then... so I would say I wouldnt have a single problem putting her back in the MA.

keri1292

You could always get the MA now and use it as long as it lasts. Then, sell it to fund the booster seat, or sell the oldest MA to give your youngest the max time in it and be able to sell that one as well, and reconsider the Regent when needed. I'm really hoping that Regent sales drop and it forces them to redesign the seat by then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC