For Sale 1st gen Kindle Fire

BabyKaykes

SOLD

Purchased brand new Christmas 2011. Will do a factory reset before shipping. Original box and charger. Comes with black Marware folio case/stand.

Sent from my Galaxy Exhibit using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:
ADS

munchkin

I'm interested. But kinda not smart about these, can you answer a few questions?

How do you get books on there? Only through amazon? How much are books typically? Is it cheaper with prime?

Can you get on the Internet?

Oh and is this a good one for reading or no?

Last edited:

BabyKaykes

I'm interested. But kinda not smart about these, can you answer a few questions?

How do you get books on there? Only through amazon? How much are books typically? Is it cheaper with prime?

Can you get on the Internet?

Oh and is this a good one for reading or no?

Yes...books through Amazon...I'm sure there's another way, but i find buying books to be super simple through the store. They range from borrowed to free, to shared by a friend, to $0.99 to who knows how much. The average book i buy is between $5-10. With prime i can borrow one free book a month...that's how i read the hunger game series without buying it.

Internet is wifi only. Connection is fast and generally pretty good. I can catch my home wifi from out on the curb.

Only problem for reading is if you're outside, just like the ipad. But personally i'm not one to ever sit in direct sunlight anyway. I do most reading inside anyway.

BabyKaykes

How do you borrow a book?! I have prime.

View attachment 19877
The orange button says 'Buy for $5.00' the button next to that says 'Borrow for free' and right under it 'prime members only'. You get one free borrow per month, and not all books are available to be borrowed but there's an awesome selection.

Also i have read at least 20 books as a result of sharing with friends and family. From your Amazon account online (if the author allows it) you can lend a book to a friend for 2wks.

Last edited:

2BunniesMommy

Quick question if you know...would I be able to have the same games etc on it as I do on DD1s Fire already since it would be on the same amazon account or would I have to buy them again?

Thinking of getting it because DDs 1&2 fight over it in the car, so if we had a 2nd one it would be much more peaceful.
Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC