What combination seat installs well in 3rd row PS of 04 Sienna?

kidrepair

DD3 is now 48lbs so RN doesn't work in that spot anymore,I love the RN for her and she still fits with tons of harness height left. Tried GN,I know others have had a succesful install in that spot but I tried for a long time and cannot get it tight. Is there a combo seat that installs easily in 3rd row passenger side with seatbelt?

DD1 sits behind driver 1st row and could switch if needed. But for peace in the car that is not really something I want to do. DD3 obviously can be boostered now at her age but I woul love something where she can stay harnessed a little longer if possible. The seatbelt in that spot is such a pain.

Love the look of the Prosport but not sure if it will strap into that spot. Not loving the fabrics on the Frontier but if that's our only option. Her torso height is about 16...Thanks

ADS

Dillipop

I have an 08 and could get a Britax Regent in there. I would bet a frontier would work pretty well there.

christineka

I've had both the nautilus and frontier there. The trick is to recline the vehicle seat, tighten up, then push the seat back into place.

kidrepair

Definitely tried reclining the seat and tightening and then pushing back up,I srill could not get it tight enough for my taste,also when DD2 used it she had head slump and DD3 sleeps a ton in the car,although she has never used it so maybe it wouldn't happen with her.

Brianna

Why can't you continue to use the Radian- is it not compatible with a seat belt in that spot?

kidrepair

I can't get a good install with the RN,and what I've read it just does not work in that spot,I wish.

Mags462

I have put a TF there (not a combo but still a HWH) with zero issues....

And the new Harmony Defender might be worth a try as well.... it looks really nice :D

kidrepair

I have put a TF there (not a combo but still a HWH) with zero issues....

And the new Harmony Defender might be worth a try as well.... it looks really nice :D

The TF was installed with the seatbelt? Do you guys know if the crotch strap would be too short on a 6 yr old? I have another to pass it along to so I'm not worried about getting a convertible if it works.

christineka

The TF was installed with the seatbelt? Do you guys know if the crotch strap would be too short on a 6 yr old? I have another to pass it along to so I'm not worried about getting a convertible if it works.

My daughter rode in it for awhile and the crotch strap wasn't a problem. The top harness position isn't that tall, though (under 17 inches installed). There's not much ffing leg room either.

Mags462

Yep - i don't use latch anymore :)

As for the crotch strap my boys have never complained about it..... its always been a favorite seat and i don't find the leg room any less than a Nauti - actually it has a tad more than the Nauti in that same position :confused:

Honestly though - i REALLY like that new Harmony seat and if i could sell my blasted Radian i intend to get one of those. You could try it and return it easily to WM if it doesn't work for you. :)

kidrepair

Yep - i don't use latch anymore :)

As for the crotch strap my boys have never complained about it..... its always been a favorite seat and i don't find the leg room any less than a Nauti - actually it has a tad more than the Nauti in that same position :confused:

Honestly though - i REALLY like that new Harmony seat and if i could sell my blasted Radian i intend to get one of those. You could try it and return it easily to WM if it doesn't work for you. :)

Why can't it have a cuter cover though? :) I have 4 girls so I have no need for gender neutral.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC