Any boosters I missed?

Athena

Thank you so much for all your help! I think I'm getting to the end of my search, if only because I'm running out of options. Sorry this is so long. I hope this will be my last thread for a while. :eek:

Nauti, Turbo, Monterey, Oobr, Parkway SGL - None are great and the Oobr may be the only acceptable option. The others fit DD surprisingly well, but don't play nice with my car. And I had thought fitting tall/slim DD would be the challenge.

Thought about compromising and looking at slightly shorter or non-latch boosters like the new Peg Perego, Air Boost, and new Recaro, but they all require vehicle head rest support. We've never been able to leave ours on because it sticks way out and turns out it is not reversible.

The only other option I can think of to even try is the Kiddy booster, but it's about the same cost as the Oobr, I have no idea if it will play any better with my car, and the lack of cup holder is seriously inconvenient. Is it really worth trying?

My car apparently loves the Frontier 85, but I think it's too big/wide for DD to booster in, at least for a while.

Is that really it?

And if so, would you buy an Oobr to booster train her in your car, then put it away to use next year (or then use it in car 2 even though there's a better fitting choice for that car)? Or would you trust a close relative to booster train with the seat that works best in their car and wait until next year to buy a booster for your car?

ADS

Athena

Just watching a video and looking at pics of the Kiddy. Seriously, that thing is super cool! But those belt guides look really far back for my troublesome forwardly positioned vehicle shoulder belt. :(

Phineasmama

If you can find a good deal on a Kiddy World Plus it would be worth it just for the booster function. The belt guides are different on it.

Athena

If you can find a good deal on a Kiddy World Plus it would be worth it just for the booster function. The belt guides are different on it.

Thanks for the suggestion! I just checked that one out. I'm not sure the belt guides would be better. They still look fairly far back and somewhat obscured, but I need to go look at my shoulder belt again. Unfortunately, there's no way to know for sure without the opportunity to try one. All I see is $279 everywhere for this. :eek: Maybe it would be an option later on when we're buying another booster and it's been out long enough to have sales.

Is it really about 23" tall? And does the latch really not work in booster mode? That would be disappointing. Is it heavy? No cup holder, right?

Phineasmama

Hmm, idk. I don't think they're far back. And the way they hold the seat belt is perfect for awkward belt placements.

It doesn't latch, because the latch is attached to the shield. But I haven't had a problem with it moving around at all. It's not heavy. No cupholder.

But it's super comfortable for my DD and works with my crap seatbelts, so sometimes you just have to take what you can get :/

Athena

It does look really nice! So you have crap seat belts too? :D Thanks for the suggestion and answers! I'll give it some more thought. Thank you!

Athena

Sorry, but could I ask one more question about the belt guides on it. I forgot to ask, do you know if they're facing more towards the back or the side? Does that make sense? Like would they work better for a seat belt behind the seat or one coming from next to it, to the side? It's really hard to tell these things from pictures.

And it's really tall, right? The height sounds awesome!

Phineasmama

It's super duper tall! I just happen to have it sitting in my living room since we're going to Ikea tomorrow, so I took some pics. My van seat belts sit very far forward which in most boosters makes it either not retract, or tangle badly, or both. This is the only one that is easy for DD to do. Never tangles, and retracts perfectly.

This locks in place so the seat belt cannot slide out

F21E218D-6141-4035-A20F-F1432B3FD70C-38743-00000F26122EFC73.jpg

7EE11BF3-A331-428E-A590-C26FE48D8145-38743-00000F26143DE8DE.jpg

Athena

It's super duper tall! I just happen to have it sitting in my living room since we're going to Ikea tomorrow, so I took some pics. My van seat belts sit very far forward which in most boosters makes it either not retract, or tangle badly, or both. This is the only one that is easy for DD to do. Never tangles, and retracts perfectly.

Sounds like our cars have twin seat belts! :D This might work great with ours too. If only they sold it just as a booster for less money. Did you find it in any stores or just online? I'd love to see one IRL. I might have to check around.

I love Ikea! Have fun!

Phineasmama

No I don't think they sell it in any stores :/ I know that someone on swap had posted two for sale though...
I wish they sold it just as a booster too, because I will be needing one for DS when he gets to booster age.

I'd just order one from Amazon if I were you, you can always send it back if it doesn't work. And I know the price is high, but if you're considering the Oobr...

Athena

This is the only one that is easy for DD to do. Never tangles, and retracts perfectly.

You have their Cruiserfix too, right? How does that do with your shoulder belts? For $60 less with latch and that cool adjustable seat depth, I'm hoping I misjudged the belt guides on that one too. It's really hard to tell without trying them in my car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC