Question Will it fit?

Chloesmom

Will the Clek Foonf fit behind the passenger seat in a 2011 BMW 328i and allow the seat to remain all the way back?

ADS

Persimmon

RF or FF? If RF, how old is child? I am not a tech and I have no idea how big your car is but I do have a Foonf.

Clek has some good measurements on their website. I think it is 33" front to back with the anti rebound bar on and on recline 3 (most reclined). Clek has approved recline 2 for RF since the seat was released so that will give you more room front to back if your child is old enough to sit so upright. But, it will also be taller, and that can be a problem with this seat in some cars.

Scroll down to Specs:
http://clekinc.com/foonf/

Have you seen the posts by Judi with the Foonf in various cars? They should come up if you search for Foonf. Are any of the those cars comparable in size to yours?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
You asked on the Clek facebook page, didn't you? I wish I would have tried in a BMW at the auto show!

Chloesmom

Thank you for the input! I've looked at the pictures several times. My car be comparable to the small or the Volvo, but I've never been in either so I don't know. And for some reason BMW seems "special" in not such a good way when it comes to car seats. Yes Judi, I asked on the foonf Facebook page. There's a place about an hour and a half from where I live that has one on display that I can try. I'll probably drive there tomorrow and try it out.

Chloesmom

Oh! Rf deinately. For as long as possible. She's 8 months, has grey head control, and does well sitting at pretty much any angle. Another question, does the arb have to be used? Does it add to the front to back room?(if that makes sense!?)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It does add to the front to back room, yes. Did you see my Volvo pics? Maybe that will give you an idea.

Chloesmom

I did see the Volvo pics but have no clue if the interior space is similar. I'm going to look up the dimensions in both cars in a bit. I really hope the foonf fits, but if it doesn't, we're just gonna get a Combi Coccuro to get me through the remainder of the lease on this car (hopefully). Not the seat I prefer but the only one Ive found so far that allows us the room we need.

Persimmon

Not the seat I prefer but the only one Ive found so far that allows us the room we need.
I hear a lot of people love their coccuros but I don't think it is considered one of the ones that will give you a long time RF. You could always use it as a travel seat later if you got the Foonf though. Have you tried the Peg Perego convertible? It is supposed to be quite tall RF once installed--almost as tall as the Radian I hear but haven't tried it myself. RF, it can go up to the 7th headrest notch and up to 45lbs. I don't know what your RF goal is or what percentile your child is but might fit better than the Foonf.

Here is a thread that talks about the Peg vs Foonf and how the Peg is getting an anti rebound bar:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=239916

Here is a review of the Peg:
http://carseatblog.com/16793/peg-perego-primo-viaggio-sip-5-70-convertible-review/

Maybe the place that has the Foonf on display will have the Peg also. The Britaxs are good for short front to back spaces and should get you more RF time than a Coccuro.

Chloesmom

Thank you so much for all the information! Iv been on the convertible car seat hunt for quite some time now. I actually purchased a peg but it took up more front to back room then expected. So I took it back and bought a britax. It does ok but still doesn't allow the room for the passenger (either me 5'10 or DH at 6'5) that's needed for any kind of a longer drive. The combi seemed like it possibly would. I'm gonna check out the link you provided for the foonf versus the peg. Who knows if I should even make the drive. I want to rf as long as possible and I know the Combi won't provided for that. All I want it for is to get me through the remainder of the lease on the car until I can get into something bigger and get a better/bigger seat at that time. As for the Britax I have, it's the pavilion 70-g3. I'm not a fan of it at all. It's a pain to get dd out every single time!

Persimmon

As for the Britax I have, it's the pavilion 70-g3. I'm not a fan of it at all. It's a pain to get dd out every single time!

I think the Foonf is not for you. I really love mine but it is huge--especially compared to a Coccuro. If you don't like getting DD out of a Britax, I think you probably would hate getting her out of a Foonf. It sits up really high. Oh, well. Next car maybe. At least the Coccuro makes a great travel seat because I think the Foonf would not. I am toying around with the idea for a flight in the Spring but everyone thinks I am mad.

Chloesmom

It's not the size or anything with the britax. It's tge new strap design with the hugs that I don't like. From everything I've read and researched, there is only one way to loosen the harness. It's very difficult and makes getting her out of the seat a pain. We have an older advocate in my husbands car and I love it. It's very easy to get her in and out. I understand they changed the way the straps/harness works as an additional safety feature, but they're just not very user friendly. And to answer a previous question, dd is in the 93rd percentile for height and 50th for weight. At least that's what is was early December.

Stelvis

FWIW, I almost never tighten and loosen straps to get kids in and out of seats. I just shove their arms in there lol. Set it and forget it -- makes life easier IMO.

roxyboardgirl

Hi Chloe's mom!
I was searching for info on whether or not the FOONF will fit in the BMW 3 series and came across your post. Did you ever figure out if the seat would fit? I really want to get the FOONF and we have a 2011 BMW 3 series as well. I suspect it won't fit because someone told me they test drove a 5 series and the FOONF was tight in that car.

Thanks so much for the help!
Ingrid.

CarSafetyGuy

I just reviewed a 2014 Foonf and wasn't able to get it to fit in an older 3 Series, so I doubt it would fit in the newer ones.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC