True fit for a newborn or just use extra base

momkrissy

My baby is due mid march I have a 2007 Toyota camery and I did get a graco 30 infant seat, what I wonder is should I just invest in the 2nd base to use in dh truck it's a big 250 ford lots of room or just install the true fit w the newborn insurts, this is my frist I want what's best for her and I would love any input my car would be the main one to use also when do you recomend I get the seats installed?

ADS

aeormsby

My sister used the Truefit from birth for my DNi in one of their vehicles (and she came home from the hospital in it). She was going to skip the bucket completely but someone bought one for them.

Brianna

You could install the True Fit and then see how she fits when she's born. It wouldn't be a huge deal to install the infant seat baseless until if she doesn't fit the True Fit right away.

Just to clarify, a tech shouldn't be installing your seats for you, they should be teaching you to install. If you need help because you can't get at the right angle during pregnancy, that's one thing- but you should be able to replicate the installation or give another person instructions to install it correctly. Are there any techs from this forum near you? http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=59135

momkrissy

Chino Hills, CA
Julie McCuen
(mamajuls)
Technician since 2012
She's not far from me. I'm not worried about installing the infant seat bit having someone show me and hubby how to do the convertsble for a infant would be something i would love to know

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC