Oobr manual - confused about statement that head rest must

Athena

Hi. I'm confused about a statement on page bottom of page 22 of the oobr manual. http://www.clekinc.com/pdfs/oobr_Owners_Manual_US_EN.pdf

"Ensure that the booster seat Headrest is in
contact with the front surface of the vehicle
seat back or headrest. DO NOT allow a
gap between the booster seat Headrest
and the vehicle seat back or headrest,
as shown in Figure 18. A gap between
the booster Seat Base and the vehicle seat
back is acceptable when being used in
the full back mode."

I had thought that this booster did not need vehicle head rest support, but this sounds like it does. My vehicle's head rests stick far forward, so I usually have to take them out.

And top of page 24 regarding relcine:
"To adjust to reclined position, pull on the Recline Handle
located on the front of the Seat Base and slide this booster
seat towards you to the desired recline position, as shown
in Figure 20. Release Recline Handle to lock booster seat
in the recline position. Make sure the booster seat Headrest
remains in contact with the vehicle seat back or headrest."

Anyone know what this means? Does it need vehicle support? Thanks!

ADS

Brianna

From page i and ii

When Using This Booster Seat in Full Back Mode
(with Seat Back)
The tops of the child’s ears are below the top of the booster seat Headrest

When Using This Booster Seat in Backless Mode
(without Seat Back)
The tops of the child’s ears are below the top of the vehicle seat back or headrest in its
highest adjustment position

This leads me to believe that if they wanted the child to have head support from the vehicle in high back mode, they would have specified "vehicle seat back or headrest" as well, and not just mentioned support from the booster. I believe they just want the booster to be flush with the vehicle seat.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'd probably call Clek and confirm. Because the seat does not always need to be flush. You couldn't use it reclined if that was the case. So if you have nothing for the headrest to rest against when it's reclined, it may not have enough support if just the top of the seat was touching the vehicle seat. (See the pics on the next page)

Athena

Waiting to hear back from Oobr. If it requires the vehicle head rest, then there goes that option. :(

Athena

Sorry for wasting your time with this. Turned out it was easy to find out from Clek. It does NOT require vehicle head rest support, but it does require 3 points of contact. Those 3 points can be 2 latch anchors plus top of Oobr seat back touching vehicle seat back, so I shouldn't have a problem. Hopefully adding this info helps someone else. Thank you!!!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
You know I think I may have actually asked Clek the same question myself a long time ago...I'm having déjà vu about the topic anyway. LOL

Thanks for finding out. And you didn't waste anyone's time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC