Coccoro Love

Stephdeputy

Thought I'd pose this question here to get a little more response. (originally posted in a specific thread about the Mazda 3)

I'd love to hear what people who love the Coccoro and need it for the small shell height do after their kids outgrow it. We're looking for a new RF convertible in a 2007 Mazda 3. We had a Blvd. RF in the center for my DD, but with two now, the seat will have to go outboard behind the passenger. Tried the Blvd out this weekend and I can't get anything remotely comfortable for the passenger without bracing against the back of the seat and I know that's a no no. (Side note - Britax manual says it has to be in the most fully reclined position while rear-facing - please let me know if that's not correct.) I love the idea of the CCO for its small shell, but I don't understand what people plan to do once their child outgrows it RF. I could understand if you knew you'd be getting a larger car in the next couple of years, but if not it just seems like you're going to be shopping again with the same issues if you want to keep RFing.

Even if I could get a good answer to that issue, am I too far gone to get much use out of it - my son is 13 months, 22 lbs, and 28-3/4" tall?

I appreciate any help you can give. Maybe I'm just enamoured by it because it's so cute! :eek:

ADS

Hazelandlucy

I just wanted to say that my baby has the same "stats" as yours and she has enough room that I am confident she will get to 2 or 2.5.

When she does outgrow it, I will use the Britax Advocate that is in my husband's car. That will definitely get her to 3, which is my goal, and hopefully longer.

Will your older child be out of the Blvd and you could hand it down by the time your youngest outgrows the Coccoro?

I attached a picture I took flying with CCO the other day so you can get an idea of what your baby may look like.

Last edited:

Kobain's Mommy

DS at almost 22 months. We stopped using it because we got a Marathon70 and a van(had a neon before). He's a big boy and still fit till he was about 27 months, but outgrew it by weight.
428343_10151421262980425_454334669_n_zpsac8da658.jpg

Just for comparison here he is at 22m in my Snugride32
416924_10151501529980425_1072147465_n_zpsf91608ce.jpg

Stephdeputy

Will your older child be out of the Blvd and you could hand it down by the time your youngest outgrows the Coccoro?

Yes. We're planning on moving her to a Frontier and the Blvd will be available. I've just had issues getting it to fit with any comfort for the passenger. I guess I just need to evaluate wether or not the extra time with a more comfortable fit is worth it.

Stephdeputy

And a big thanks to you both for the photos. They really help me visualize how this could work for us.

Kobain's Mommy - I can't believe how much height he had left at 22 months in the Snugride. This is my son on Monday in his Keyfit 30 which has the same internal seating height (according to the stats page here).

image-1289547125.jpg

He had barely 1 inch of shell above him at only 13 months. I've since installed the Blvd in my van for the time being. Didn't realize we'd reached the max height stated for the seat a while ago. I was just focused on the 1" rule.

The new plan is to use the Blvd in the van until the Chicco Nextfit comes out and get by in the Mazda (very infrequently used) with the bare bones Evenflo Tribute we bought for a vacation. With the Evenflo or the Blvd later, we'll most likely just remove it anytime my husband has a passenger without the kids. Either that or give in to the urge to spend and buy the Coccoro.

Kobain's Mommy

And a big thanks to you both for the photos. They really help me visualize how this could work for us.

Kobain's Mommy - I can't believe how much height he had left at 22 months in the Snugride. This is my son on Monday in his Keyfit 30 which has the same internal seating height (according to the stats page here).

He had barely 1 inch of shell above him at only 13 months. I've since installed the Blvd in my van for the time being. Didn't realize we'd reached the max height stated for the seat a while ago. I was just focused on the 1" rule.

He does have a short torso. Right now he's in 3T pants but can still wear 2T shirts and some 18-24/24m shirts if they are bigger. I never tried him in a Keyfit, but I've heard others say they went to a SnugRide32/35 when their child outgrew the Keyfit but didn't want to give up the bucket.

MommaMia

I read your other post too - are you looking to FF or RF your 3yo?

We just sold my husband's 2007 Mazda3. I'm not going to lie - I HATE that car and could not see it go fast enough. We had a Radian RXT RFing, braced, with an angle adjuster, seat belt install, behind the driver for our 3yo. Our 1yo was in a Marathon or Roundabout (we own both - just depended on which one was in the other car) RFing, LATCH install behind the passenger. The Marathon/Roundabout was not braced (not allowed).

We rarely rode in the Mazda as a family because I hated the front passenger seat. I *could* fit (I'm 5'5"), but it was tight.

In my opinion, the Mazda 3 is NOT RFing car seat friendly. I'm impressed you got a good center install.

If you're looking to FF your 3yo, I'd put your 1yo in a Radian RXT behind the driver. I also got a good install with the MyRide, but I am not a fan of that seat and could not bring myself to keep it.

kam1011

My DD2 went from the CCO to a MR. (Chevy Aveo) It worked in the center. It lasted another year after she outgrew the CCO.

KaiLing

You know, now I'm remembering that I got a Marathon in the Mazda 3 rather upright--no problem for me to drive. But it was a friend's seat so I didn't live with it. And I used to sit in front of the MyRide, but it was tight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC