New 5-step pics

HEVY

I'm uploading new pics.

I don't think the shoulder belt fits right, if she moves I think it will cut into her neck more. As I mentioned in another thread I would like to keep her in the booster until she's 10.

Last edited:
ADS

New grandma

I can't tell for sure, but is there a belt height adjustment on the side of the car? If so, moving it down might help the positioning. If not, I think it is too close to her neck to be comfortable.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I can't tell for sure, but is there a belt height adjustment on the side of the car? If so, moving it down might help the positioning. If not, I think it is too close to her neck to be comfortable.

Good catch! Looks like you can adjust it down. Can you post another pic (I'm sure she'll be thrilled) after you move it down? Probably as far as it can go or close to it. Lap belt looks okay from what I can see.

Baylor

I would adjust the shoulder strap to the correct height and let her go without a booster. She 5 steps.

keri1292

I would say she passes with the guide down but probably keep the booster until closer to puberty to let her hips develop a little more.

New grandma

I think it looks like a great fit. You might get the belt to lay more flat if you move the headrest up a click. It looks like it would still be in a good support position if it was up a click or two.

I think it is fine to keep her in the booster longer too if that feels safer to you.

Brianna

I have to say- this is the first time I've seen that the general consensus hasn't been to leave a 9 year old in a booster until the belt fit is worse with the booster than without it.

Phineasmama

I have to say- this is the first time I've seen that the general consensus hasn't been to leave a 9 year old in a booster until the belt fit is worse with the booster than without it.

Interesting...I keep hearing about the whole "artificial hips" thing is that why? It just seems like it would be so much more comfortable not to use a low back, the vehicle seat would be so much more cushy!

tiggercat

I'd be ok with that fit in a pinch (with the lowered shoulder belt) but I'd keep her in a booster if the belt for in booster is still good. No point in rushing out of it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

itzmeigh

Personally I think she does fit worse in the booster. I'm pretty shocked that she even fits in a hbb.

I'd like to see some "side by side" pictures of her both ways. But I think right now that she fits better in the seatbelt.

tiggercat

Personally I think she does fit worse in the booster. I'm pretty shocked that she even fits in a hbb.

I'd like to see some "side by side" pictures of her both ways. But I think right now that she fits better in the seatbelt.

Are there booster pics somewhere? A side by side would help!

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC