Hold the Bean Head Strap

kaitlyn727

So I was browsing Zulily this morning to see if there was anything interesting and came across something that blew my mind. It's called the "Hold the Bean Head Strap". This is the description from the website.

"With Hold the Bean's unique padded head strap, there's no more worrying about securing little nappers' lolling heads during car rides. The sturdy nylon straps attach to carseats and gently cradle foreheads, keeping noggins upright to relieve strain on delicate necks and prevent breathing problems."

http://holdthebean.com/

Quite disturbing that they are all sold out. Right?

ADS

Shaunam

I have considered using something similar for Charlie, but I wouldn't feel the risks would outweigh the benefits for a typical child. I'm not seeing where they are sold out though. I added one to my cart and it went through fine. :confused:

Shaunam

I'm only seeing a handful of pictures for this product but there seems to be a lot of car seat misuse that if fixed, would fix the problem without resorting to restraining the child's head.

kaitlyn727

I could see the thing slipping down and becoming a strangling hazard. From the pictures they have on the website, proper carseat usage could eliminate the need for this thing.

T4K

I would have loved this on the plane when I was right next to N. She wasn't used to FFing and her head was flipping forward.

jacqui276

Agreed on it potentially slipping down and being a strangulation hazard. I would only consider something like this in the event of special needs where the benefit outweighs the risk. For the 1 year old who has fallen over on her lap, flip her RFing and she won't slump. ;) I can't imagine my kids tolerating having a strap around their head when they ride in the car.

Anyone else have the urge to untwist those straps (more photos of twisted ones on the facebook page)? I swear you guys have brainwashed me!

aeormsby

There's another product that's very similar that I've seen posted about before.

I just don't know when you're supposed to put this thing on. My kids usually fall asleep if they're going to fall asleep, and I don't see myself pulling over to stick this on them. I can't imagine any kid leaving it there if they're awake. The only time we have terrible head slump is in our Safeguard GO and there's nothing to put the strap around anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC