Looking for table and chairs

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm looking for a table and chair set that will still fit my 6.5 year old. She fits in the typical ones, but isn't going to fit for long. So, I'm looking for a table with likely a 23"-24" height so she can use it for another year or two.

I ordered this one:

350-330494-894__1.jpg

but am a bit worried that due to the shelf and legs, that kids will have trouble being close enough to the table (the side has very little overhang over the legs).

I also found this which sites say is 24" tall:

26324-nl.jpg

While both sets above are okay looking, they're on the cusp of being too traditional looking for me. If it's all I can find, I'll have no choice but to go with one or the other. But I'd really prefer something that suited our house a bit better.

I love this one (comes in different options, round/square/rectangle, you choose colours, etc.) http://www.etsy.com/listing/116152277/modern-child-table-set-4-chair-option?

il_570xN.250806975.jpg

and she says she can make a custom size so I bet i could ask her to make it taller. But, that will add to the cost and the shipping for it to Canada is insane, $135. So, I'm likely looking around $500 before taxes. I'd like to stick around $250 or less.

Any ideas?

ADS

New grandma

That's a difficult height to find. I found this site that ships to Canada, though I didn't explore to see how expensive the shipping is.

The moon shaped table comes is several primary colors and adjust from 18" to 22": http://www.allmodern.com/ECR4kids-Kids-Half-Moon-Table-ELR-057X-XX-NY1397.html

And there are several shapes of this birch table that adjust up to 26" tall: http://www.allmodern.com/Wood-Designs-Hardwood-Birch-Tables-Kids-Table-WD824A1826-WDN1642.html That same company also has tables with non adjustable legs at various heights.

There are chairs available on the site too, but I didn't look through those. HTH.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I have the second one you linked with 1 chair. We've been happy with it. Wayfair has several on sale.

So you have the KidKraft Highlighter set? I thought it only came with four chairs. :confused:

Can you confirm that the table has a 24" height? Also, could you measure to the bottom of that 3ish" lip under the table and tell me what that height is? And last one...the height of the seat of the chair.

Thanks if you can help!

Last edited:

ahgirls

We have the kidcraft farmhouse table & chair set. I'm not cool enough to figure out how to link it. My dd is 52" tall & still fits under it. I liked how high the chair backs come up. She has low tone in her core & needs proper back support to sit for long times. She uses her table for anything from crafts to typical floor activities.

bella_1818

I have the Avalon table and 1 chair. Sorry. It does look exactly the same as the table in the second photo, but the chair I ordered looks like the first table

I can't measure for a few days, but DS is 5.5, 43 inches and his feet rest flat on the ground. I'm 67 inches and 130 lbs and can sit quite comfortably at the table :)

We has a plexiglass sheet cut to cover the table and DS uses it for art and messy projects. Love it!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
We have the kidcraft farmhouse table & chair set. I'm not cool enough to figure out how to link it. My dd is 52" tall & still fits under it. I liked how high the chair backs come up. She has low tone in her core & needs proper back support to sit for long times. She uses her table for anything from crafts to typical floor activities.

From my Googling, it seems that the table has an 18" height and the chairs have an 11" seating height. Your DD is taller than mine though. How old is she? And how much longer do you think she has to fit?

I have the Avalon table and 1 chair. Sorry. It does look exactly the same as the table in the second photo, but the chair I ordered looks like the first table

I can't measure for a few days, but DS is 5.5, 43 inches and his feet rest flat on the ground. I'm 67 inches and 130 lbs and can sit quite comfortably at the table :)

We has a plexiglass sheet cut to cover the table and DS uses it for art and messy projects. Love it!

I found the Avalon table, it has a drawer in it? http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3531088 Seems to be available in white as well, not sure of any other colours. And it's the tallest I've seen so far. 24.5" table height and 13.75" seating height according to TRU web site. But it's even more classic looking than the others I found. :( And DD really wanted some colour, she didn't want matching brown table and brown chairs. "Not fun" she told me when I was showing her sets a couple weeks ago. ;)

The first set has arrived at our house. It's made by CafeKid. It's solid and sturdy (better be for the price! Ha ha!). The chairs can take an adult's weight, no problem. But, as I feared, there isn't much leg room. I have to sit sideways or legs opened up, else my legs hit the shelf underneath. And on the side, the overhang isn't very large. DD says it's fine. But she hasn't had any time to actually use it yet. We've only had one tea party. And she hasn't used it to colour on or do anything where she actually needs to sit decently at the table.

I really want that Etsy table. I did ask the seller and she can make the table and chairs the height I want for no extra charge. But the shipping is just soooo expensive. :(

canadiangie

Is there any way you could add a larger piece of stained wood overtop of the existing table top to create more overhang? Or replace the existing tabletop altogether?

Just a thought..

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Is there any way you could add a larger piece of stained wood overtop of the existing table top to create more overhang? Or replace the existing tabletop altogether?

Just a thought..

Doubtful due to time contraints, lack of proper saw to round corners for safety, lack of warm place to use said saw if we bought one, lack of money to buy said saw...ha ha! And this table is HEAVY, like the table and 4 chairs weighed 90 pounds. So, I'm not sure if a larger top could make it tippy if a child leaned on it, and this thing would crush TechnoBaby.

Would you like to hear any more excuses? I'm sure I can come up with some...:ROTFLMAO:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC