Turbo best travel booster? Rental vehicle compatibility?

Athena

Got one to travel with my 6yo (bring with us to use in rental car at destination). Fits her great, but I discovered that it's not compatible with my car at home. The seat belt gets caught in the guide, not retracting properly, due to the angle of my weird car's shoulder belt. So, it got my wondering how common this is and if this could happen at our destination. Was I wrong in thinking this booster is compatible with most vehicles? Or is my car just really weird and difficult? Thanks!

ADS

Athena

I've used our Turbo with high back in about 8 different vehicles and haven't had an issue.

Thanks! I thought it was supposed to be really compatible, both fitting lots of kids and lots of cars, so much so it didn't occur to me to try it in all our cars when we got it. Still, glad to hear it'll probably make a good spare/travel seat for other cars.

rachelandtyke

It fits most kids and cars well, but there will be some exceptions, as you've seen. Worst case scenario if you end up with a car that is incompatible with the HBTB, you can use it without the back for that occasion. I know it may not be ideal, but it's better than nothing. Most likely it will fit fine, though. Also, it may fit better in different locations - maybe it doesn't do well outboard, but it does center, for example.

Athena

Thanks! With a rental car, I'm hoping worst case might be that we tell them the problem and ask to switch to a different car, but who knows. I'm hoping to reserve the center for DD2 riding in the RSTV, but I'll keep that in mind if we're in a bind, as well as the backless option. Although if DD has to go backless, there will be a lot of complaining (from her).

rachelandtyke

Oh yeah, you can most likely switch cars, forgot about that. I have always found rental car agencies to be very accomodating to us, especially when traveling with children! So far our HBTB has fit well in all the vehicles we've had it in. I am tempted to get the Harmony folding booster for travel at some point in the future, although we rarely travel anymore.

jujumum

I just bought and am returning the Harmony folding booster. The lap belt fit on my son wasn't good, both kids thought it was uncomfortable, and it smelled and felt like it had a residue of spayed on fire retardant. Very disapointing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC