Fisher Price (Nania) "grow with me" car seat

tiggercat

I have one in my living room. What do you want to know?

Must be installed with serpentine or "long belt path" routing at all times when in harnessed mode. Those red clips on the front are shoulder belt guides.
Harness 22-50lb, at least 1yo, 29-48 inches
HBB at least 3yo, 40-100lb, 42-50 in tall
Backless at least 4yo, 40-100lb, at least 42in tall
Must use grippy harness pads at all times in harness mode.
Belt guide for booster mode is about 18in, need to put a belt through to measure
Harness slots 11, 13, 15in respectively.
10 year expiry
Puzzle buckle
Toddler padding
1 crotch position 6 inches from seatback, buckle doesn't seem especially short.

The height ranges are different in the manual than on the seat. How annoying. I'll look closer tomorrow. I took them from the manual originally and now I see different heights listed on the pics of the labels.

Pics to come.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:
ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Wow, that's a short top harness height. What were they thinking?

How wide is it?

How do you think the belt fit might be?

42" for booster use is good I think, but will probably be ignored. How does that compare to others for a min height?

I take it the high back part is not adjustable for height - like a Maestro?

Thank you!

tiggercat

UAS in correct routing through restraint.

My model is asleep, pics with kid(s) tomorrow.

Last edited:

tiggercat

Wow, that's a short top harness height. What were they thinking?

How wide is it?

How do you think the belt fit might be?

42" for booster use is good I think, but will probably be ignored. How does that compare to others for a min height?

I take it the high back part is not adjustable for height - like a Maestro?

Thank you!

I don't know! That is pretty low for a 50lb limit seat.

Width is about 17 inches at widest point.

Lap belt for is likely to be decent, shoulder belt fit I think will be an issue. The slit for the belt is very narrow and unless the shoulder belt geometry matches up perfectly, it is likely to not retract nicely. Will try as a booster with 7yo.

No idea! I'll check my basement seats and see.

Headrest adjusts. 5 settings, 2nd picture shows lowest setting, one of the last pics shows top adjustment.

zactayaus

Wow, my 3 1/2yo wouldn't be able to use this seat in either mode. His torso is too tall for harness mode but he's not yet 42" for booster mode (not that I'd ever put him in a booster at his age, just saying).:(

tiggercat

Wow, my 3 1/2yo wouldn't be able to use this seat in either mode. His torso is too tall for harness mode but he's not yet 42" for booster mode (not that I'd ever put him in a booster at his age, just saying).:(

I think Sam will be too tall for it too. I must have measured it 5 times hoping it was taller or that there was another slot, but nope. I couldn't make it more than ~15.

snowbird25ca

I don't think I've said this about a seat ever. But I really don't like the looks of this seat and have a whole list of things to complain about with having never touched it.

Of course it's at Walmart, has the fisher price name, and not too expensive... we'll be seeing them.

Have you had a chance to install it yet?

tiggercat

Picture of Sam in the seat. A curious thing happens, the bottom is kind of bowl shaped so he immediately slid forward, and therefore is a hair under the THS with the seat upright against a wall. He was really excited to try it (my kid is a carseat geek in the making), however as soon as I buckled him (he couldn't buckle because of the puzzle buckle) he immediately begged to get out.

The adjusters on the straps are really hard to loosen. Like a tight old Dorel UAS strap, if you know what I mean.

Headrest is in the second from bottom setting.

Last edited:

bbartlettnfld

I thought that all boosters had to start at 4 yrs old here. This one says HBB at least 3yrs old? That can't be right...

I really hope they are not changing the booster minimum to 3....

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

tiggercat

I wrote a long post and the app kicked me out and lost it.
UAS - grey belt
Not terrible, I was able to achieve a tight install
Green tension indicator showed when seat still had >1in movement
UAS belt is short, could barely attach anchors
Base of seat is wider than anchors
Very hard to loosen UAS strap. You have to push the grey button and then tilt it like loosening a tilt lock. I couldn't get it to loosen under tension, so had to recline my capt chair and unhook them.
The strap goes right by the child's side, looks like it might be uncomfortable.
Armrest area doesn't quite seem deep enough for lbp, the buckle was as tight as possible and just about at the edge.

Last edited:

tiggercat

Long belt path L/S belt. Don't mind the loose UAS straps in the seat, I stowed them correctly because they were in the way.

The belt looks all twisty, even though it is as flat as I could get it to lie. I initially installed incorrectly (twice) but I believe this is correct according to manual.

It took a fair bit of effort to get tight, and I was aided by the cinching latchplate and that the bottom of the seat fits nicely into the vehicle seat contour.

I dislike how to buckle sits, especially with that awkward routing of the shoulder belt up and around the routing guide.

I am going to try to get Sam to sit in it in vehicle, and maybe a lap only install later. Let me know if you want anything specific.

Overall, I very much dislike this seat.

Last edited:

tiggercat

Sam. 32lb, 40in, 3y 6m.

You can see the green tension indicators on the harness. These ones are pretty accurate for measuring strap tightness.

He let me take this pic, then demanded out so he could ride in his radian.

Broke a nail getting him out. That buckle is not nice.

Last edited:

finn

tiggercat said:
Long belt path L/S belt. Don't mind the loose UAS straps in the seat, I stowed them correctly because they were in the way.

The belt looks all twisty, even though it is as flat as I could get it to lie. I initially installed incorrectly (twice) but I believe this is correct according to manual.

It took a fair bit of effort to get tight, and I was aided by the cinching latchplate and that the bottom of the seat fits nicely into the vehicle seat contour.

I dislike how to buckle sits, especially with that awkward routing of the shoulder belt up and around the routing guide.

I am going to try to get Sam to sit in it in vehicle, and maybe a lap only install later. Let me know if you want anything specific.

This is how all of the cheap European combo seats we get here install, it looks correct. I think the red pointy bit (I wonder if it has a name) on the side of the seat is meant to act a bit like a lock off?

snowbird25ca

It looks like my initial instincts about this seat were pretty accurate unfortunately. :(

If you, as a CRST-I, had to install it 3 times before you had it right - what is the average parent going to do?

I've heard rumor Toys R Us might be getting the seat. If we do, I *really* hope it is online only. I'm worried that this seat will be popular based on name and have a whole bunch of non-user friendly features and loads of incompatibilities....

(Not to mention I'm still upset about the use of the word baby on the packaging...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC