Peg perego primo viaggio 30/30

MissAllyLou

Any real reason NOT to get this seat? I never recommend it because I think the install can be tricky, and there's other seats that last longer for half the price. But I'm a tech so I think I can install it :) and I love the headwings. Am I missing anything?

ADS

jordansmom

Any real reason NOT to get this seat? I never recommend it because I think the install can be tricky, and there's other seats that last longer for half the price. But I'm a tech so I think I can install it :) and I love the headwings. Am I missing anything?

Both of my SIL's have had this seat or are currently using it...it's REALLY heavy in my opinion! But it does have nice headwings! I also steered clear of it because I know we will have multiple children and wanted a seat that would last longer than the five years it offers.

MissAllyLou

I forgot about the 5 yr expiration, but realistically, I'll probably want a new seat with each kid. Is it heavier than the Chaparone?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I believe Peg changed their expiration on those seats. It's no longer 5 years, but I can't recall what it is.

amyd

I believe Peg changed their expiration on those seats. It's no longer 5 years, but I can't recall what it is.

I was thinking the same. At least 6 now, but it might even be 7. I went to look at the manual online but it's not up to date (at least on the Canadian site).

LoveMyBoyOB

I have it an LOVE it. So much. Love the non rethread harness. The install was super easy for me. I sat on it... 150 lbs pg lady LOL... And DH tightened it. I mean every seat is heavy once you get a baby into it right? It doesn't bother me at all and I'm tiny 5'1".

canadiangie

I don't love the harness geometry. If Peg added an inner crotch slot I'd be happier. It's not uncommon to have the crotch strap slot be past a newborn's feet -- which means you need a crotch roll for a long time.

I've heard rumours that Peg has moved to a smaller chest clip which is nice because the IMMI one is very wide on shoulder straps that are already somewhat wide set.

I find that babies need quite a bit of support added to their seat if its a Peg. Rolled receiving blankets from head to hip, and a good sized crotch roll. Normally, if a seat is marketed as budget friendly and more basic I'm ok with having to add these things, but in such an expensive fancy seat it kind of irritates me. And, it tends to surprise parents.

Also, the handle buttons are finicky. The handle gets caught up by the canopy if the canopy is back. Up hete we totate the handle above baby's feet (rebound management) but you have to rotate the handle back (no rebound management). If I'm forced to rotate a handle at all it better be for a good reason, otherwise that's just a pitb.

It's heavy. That's a subjective thing, but I think most people would agree its heavier than most.

I prefer seats with really good seat to base recognition rather than a seat I have to line up perfectly to have dock to the base. KeyFit for example has incredible seat to base recognition - basically you can set it on the base, let go, and it will fall into place. Peg is like a puzzle piece when it comes to seat onto base.

Overall it's fine, but it's not some stellar product that's otherwise worth the inflated price tag. Up here its a big status symbol to lug a Peg, and I work on so many I've totally lost count.

I find the installation process somewhat counterintuitive compared to other seats that seem more .. modern, I suppose. Like when I'm reaching for a locking clip on a $300 seat I think it's a little comical. I feel the same way about Radian, fwiw.

I'm babbling. My thought is sure, go for it, if no other seat catches your eye.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC