which vehicles have 3 LATCH positions??

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I did some more digging around and learned that there were indeed 2005 model year Dodge Magnums, and found the owner's manual for the 2005 model year online at http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/manuals/ (you have to toggle the model year and model name to load the .pdf file version of the owner's manual). The '05 Magnum's manual indicates all three rear seating positions have lower LATCH anchors to accommodate LATCH installations, but it also states not to install 2 carseats side by side using LATCH and to use seatbelts for side by side installations. Here's the pertinent blurb from page 52 of the .pdf file:

All three rear seating positions have lower anchorages
that are capable of accommodating LATCH-compatible
child seats. You should NEVER install LATCH compatible
child seats such that two seats share a common
lower anchorage. If installing child seats in adjacent
rear-seating positions or if your child restraints are not
LATCH-compatible, install the restraints using the vehicle’s
seat belts.

ADS

72msfish

my '09 vw routan has 3 seats equipped with LATCH. one for each seat in the middle (single seat) and one in the center 3rd row seat. i've had 3 seats in there and they were rock solid! :thumbsup:

MaisyBabies

So if there is 3 sets of latches, 3 car seats will actually fit?, or would that be too much to ask....

We own a 2008 Honda Ridgeline. Since it was mentioned, I felt that it was necessary for me to respond. It's not a super popular car/truck, so I was shocked to see it listed here...LOL

Yes, it has three LATCH spots and three very hard to use tether spots that can all be used at the same time.

BUT

Here's the "real time" data though.....

The requirement to buying this truck for me was that it had to fit the car seats that we had - 2 Britax Marathons and 1 Britax Wizard. After a LOT of hard work, I was able to install them all FF together using LATCH and getting those crazy tethers linked also. It was NOT easy, but thank goodness the Britax seats are user friendly and easy to install - cuz this truck made it VERY complicated!

Now, I just moved the kids to rigid LATCHing HBB and OMG it is not going to work. Not even slightly. I can LATCH two of the seats but the third is now about 1" hanging off the bench and unLATCHed. To make it worse, the third unLATCHed seat is unable to buckle the seat belt, because it's stuck behind the middle seat. I was able to wedge the buckle around the middle seat, but it's so tight, that it won't release the release button!

So now I am faced with the dilemma of what do we do now?! Which is why I am in this forum now! LOL

J

justseth

maisybabies, check out the sunshine kids radian line of car seats. we've got 2 of the radian 65's and 1 of the radian 80's --- all 3 fit quite nicely across the backseat of our '09 pilot. They have a nice narrow profile but are extremely well made, very heavy duty, very safe, very comfortable:

http://www.skjp.com/products/97556/Car_Seats

M

mmoore

Is there an updated list from the recent Latch Manual avaialble. I know Wendy has posted these lists in the past. Due with baby #3 in August, so I will have three that are 3 or under and I currently drive a Mazda 3 so I will need to get a new vehicle.

jmenole

Is there an updated list from the recent Latch Manual avaialble. I know Wendy has posted these lists in the past. Due with baby #3 in August, so I will have three that are 3 or under and I currently drive a Mazda 3 so I will need to get a new vehicle.

Bump. Wondering the same thing (general list of vehicles and/or car seats that allow it, just for informational purposes).

jess71903

Ambassador
I haven't seen the 2nd gen Ford Expeditions listed in this thread yet. I think they're '03-'06. Mine is an '05, and I definitely have 3 separate sets in the 2nd row.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Can anyone post a list of seats that allow LATCH borrowing in the center? Specifically looking for my 05 Dodge Stratus.

You can if the carseat allows it. You'll need to measure the distance as it's not given in the LATCH manual, and make sure your carseat is ok with that distance.

If you can measure we can let you know if your carseat is ok with it.

Wendy

Sanity80

Thank you, Wendy for answering...

It's a mysize70, so I know the seat allows it (it specifically mentioned it in the manual, and graco allows it on all their seats now)... I think the center seat is the same size as the outboard ones, but I will go measure...

Do I go from anchor to anchor?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Mid anchor to mid anchor. Graco will allow the distance (anything over 11"), but it'd be great to have the measurement, if you don't mind please.

Wendy

Sanity80

Ok, center is 14", outboard is 11½"

And, thank you for asking, because that made me un LATCH and it adjust the recline angle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC