which vehicles have 3 LATCH positions??

mtnbaby

I know that most cars today have two on the outboards but what vehicles have three LATCHs (ie 6 hook-in spots)??
thank you

added note: so you can have three car seats hooked in all at once! thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
From personal experience the Pontiac G6 has three across (staggered) and the Chrysler 300 has three straight across. Though neither can have all three used at once.

From the LATCH manual, these can have all three used at once:
Buick
MY 02-05 Century
MY 02-05 Lesabre
MY 03-05 Park Ave
MY 06-07 LaCrosse
MY 06-07 Lucerne
MY 03-05 Regal

Cadillac
MY 05-07 DTS
MY 02-04 Deville
MY 03-04 Seville
MY 05-07 STS

Chevy:
MY 05-07 Cobalt
MY 02-07 Impala
MY 02-07 Monte Carlo

Dodge:
MY 02-03 Intrepid

Jeep:
MY 06-07 Commander

Oldsmobile:
MY 02-03 Aurora

Pontiac:
MY 02-05 Bonneville
MY 03-07 Grand Prix

Saturn:
MY 03-07 Ion
MY 02-05 L series (sedan and wagon)
MY 02-07 Vue

That's it, according to the LATCH manual. There are others that have three LATCH positions, but they cannot all be used at the same time. There are others with center LATCH and either no outboard or outboard on one side, but they don't allow three across.

Wendy

Last edited:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
The Dodge Ram Mega cab has 3 LATCH positions in the rear seat.

Although the Latch manual only said it has 2. I contacted Nancy with the correct and she passed on the info. to Debbie. They will be putting out updated info at some point she said. ;)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Doesn't the 2007 Honda CR-V have three sets that can be used at the same time? I thought so, but I could be wrong! :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Doesn't the 2007 Honda CR-V have three sets that can be used at the same time? I thought so, but I could be wrong! :)

I left it off because while it does have three positions, the note next to it says, "Remove head restraint before installing child safety seat. Rear seat has five lower anchors and three tether anchors." To me that means you can't put three seats across the back, even though there are three positions for it.

Wendy

jebedyah

My aunt has a month-old CR-V. I read the manual Friday to install my daughter's seat. I wasn't really paying attention to multiple-seat issues, but I'm 95% certain there are 3 positions but only 5 lower anchors. I think the passenger side shares an anchor with the center, so they look like this:

(passenger's side) U----U----U U----U (driver's side)

Thus you could only install two seats using the lower anchors (driver's outboard & center, or two outboard). A third seat would need to use a seatbelt.

heathernick06

I was guessing the OP wanted cars where you could have three seats installed with LATCH at once.

Right! I missed the last part of her message, the neon is WAYYY too small for 3 car seats anyways (and not a very safe car either) ..With the regent in the middle there isn't any room for passengers in the back.

ymherrera

My aunt has a month-old CR-V. I read the manual Friday to install my daughter's seat. I wasn't really paying attention to multiple-seat issues, but I'm 95% certain there are 3 positions but only 5 lower anchors. I think the passenger side shares an anchor with the center, so they look like this:

(passenger's side) U----U----U U----U (driver's side)

Thus you could only install two seats using the lower anchors (driver's outboard & center, or two outboard). A third seat would need to use a seatbelt.

Yes you are right, I have an '07 CRV and there are only 5 lower anchors, so you can do a latch install in driver rear, center and then a seatbelt install on passenger rear.

True Blue

I feel like my '06 Sienna has 3 spots across the rear seat, but I could be wrong, and it's being repaired so I can't check.

Also, I have the 8 seater, so I can LATCH 3 across in the middle row for sure (they are actually 3 independent seats).

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
All '04 -07 Sienna models only have two full sets of LATCH in the third row on the passenger side and center, none on the driver's side, and three full sets of LATCH in the second row in the 8-passenger version.

guin

I'm looking to purchase a new car, and I was wondering if anyone had any updated info on this topic for 2009 cars/suvs.

I currently own a 2005 VUE and have all three of my kiddos' carseats latched in across the back---and I LOVE it! If I can't find something new where I can do it as comfortably as now then I won't be buying new!

I'm looking for a car with good gas mileage, and space across the back isn't a huge issue since my guys are in radians and roundabouts (both relatively skinny seats), but obviously needs to have enough room to support three latch positions!

Thanks in advance!

WhatAboutPuppy

All '04 -07 Sienna models only have two full sets of LATCH in the third row on the passenger side and center, none on the driver's side, and three full sets of LATCH in the second row in the 8-passenger version.

How does this compare with the Odyssey?? And how does the top tether correspond in both respects??

Pixels

How does this compare with the Odyssey?? And how does the top tether correspond in both respects??

The Sienna doesn't have any positions with only top anchor, but the positions with full LATCH of course have the top tether. The 2005 Odyssey has LATCH in both second row positions, and LATCH in the 3rd row center position. 06-07 has LATCH in both second row positions, LATCH in 3rd row center, and top tether anchors in 3rd row outboard. I don't have info for the 08-09 models.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Right, the '04 and newer Sienna models lack a third row driver's side tether anchor, with full sets of LATCH in all other second and third row seating positions in both the 7- and 8-passenger versions. The '08-'09 Odysseys are the same as the '06-07 model year Odys, and the '08-09 Siennas are unchanged from the '04-07 model year Siennas in terms of LATCH and tether anchor locations. It's also worth noting the stowable second row center 8th seat available in some '05 and newer Odys does not have lower LATCH anchors or a top tether anchor.

WhatAboutPuppy

Right, the '04 and newer Sienna models lack a third row driver's side tether anchor, with full sets of LATCH in all other second and third row seating positions in both the 7- and 8-passenger versions. The '08-'09 Odysseys are the same as the '06-07 model year Odys, and the '08-09 Siennas are unchanged from the '04-07 model year Siennas in terms of LATCH and tether anchor locations. It's also worth noting the stowable second row center 8th seat available in some '05 and newer Odys does not have lower LATCH anchors or a top tether anchor.

Do all positions in the Sienna (8 pass) '04 to '09 and the Oddysey (8 pass.) from '06 to '09 have top tether?

WhatAboutPuppy

04-09 Sienna does not have a top tether anchor for the third row, driver's side.

06-09 Odyssey does not have a top tether anchor for the second row, center seat.

So either way I'm short one seat for a FF harnessing seat... I'll just have to go in and play with the vans...

Maybe I can talk my DF into visiting a dealership or two this weekend!! hmm... :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC