Please tell me more about rigid latch

Athena

Considering the Oobr. When I've seen videos of rigid latch, it just pops on with no trouble. It seems too good to be true. Does that really happen in all cars or are the marketeers just choosing the one that works best? Are there some latch bar locations that are incompatible with it? Thanks!

ADS

Phineasmama

Well, of course some cars have LATCH that are harder to get at than others! My Kiddy seat came with latch guides though, so that was easy.

It will work with any normally spaced LATCH position. It wouldn't work with borrowing the outboard anchors for the middle position assuming your car allows that.

Athena

So even if it's down buried deep and at a weird angle, it can still work? I didn't know how rigid they are and if they only went at one angle or all pivot like the kiddy. I know getting the non rigid latch onto the car in mind is very challenging.

P.S. After watching a couple videos, I don't think I'll know unless I just try it in the car.

Last edited:

newyorkDOC

Here in Europe the isofix anchors come in different sizes and theoretically you're supposed to match your seat to your car. Realistically I've never seen the connector width mentioned in any of the specs in advertisements. I think most ppl just try them out.

NVMBR02

It mostly clicks in easily, but sometimes it you have to maneuver the seat a bit. I have two ollies and one of them clicks in and releases really easily and the other is harder to click in and doesn't always release but pulling the strap.

I have always liked the looks of the LATCH guides on the seats that have them but have never used them myself.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC