Help me choose a booster!

jsta1005

I cannot for the life of me decide which booster will be perfect for us! I know you guys can help me!

B is 6 years and 2 months old and weighs about 85ish lbs. She is tall too! I want a high back booster that will last for a while. There are also other siblings to pass it down to when its outgrown. She is currently in a NB Graco Colorz in my car and I'm ready for a high back again! She's in a HB Turbo in dads car and a HB Evenflo Big Kid Sport. She says she likes the Turbo the best but I think she prefers that cover most. I drive a 2008 Explorer. She is either in the third row or in the middle row in a three across with the other two kids. In the middle row she scoots her booster out, buckles, then scoots back into position. The third row has no buckling issues, but doesn't have LATCH. Headrests everywhere.

I'm considering a Turbo with Safety Surround, Graco Affix, Diono Monterey, and possibly a Probooster.

I wanted the Turbo w/SS when it first came out and have liked it ever since. I never got one because I thought I "needed" LATCH. Now that I'm thinking about it I'm not sure that is a priority anymore. B needs to move the booster around to buckle in the middle row, and the third row doesn't have LATCH anyways. After really wanting LATCH I thought about the Affix. I have always really liked the Monterey but am not so excited about all the SK/Diono issues/shadiness that has happened. I do have headrests everywhere she would ever sit so that isn't an issue. I'm not sure it's worth it to buy a booster with LATCH if I won't ever use it. I like the adjustable backrest and how tall it is. And I just like the Probooster. I've never seen one IRL and I'm afraid of the tipiness that everyone else has issues with.

If you made it this far thanks, and Help Me!!

ADS

firemomof3

I have a probooster and love it but only if its in my captains seat. If the seat is at all flat it will be tippy. We love our Oobr-our favorite by far but its pricey (but it might be worth looking into). I loved the TB with the safety surround and that would be a safe bet. If you do decide to try a Monterey just make sure you get from someplace that has a great return policy ;)

mamom

Not on you list but we LOVE the vivo at our house, we have/had: oobr, monteray, xfit, probooster, turbobooster and the vivo is still our favorite.

Athena

Does she fit the Turbo well? Because it's not that tall and seems fairly narrow to me, as in it fits my 45 pound 6.5 yo well.

jsta1005

Not on you list but we LOVE the vivo at our house, we have/had: oobr, monteray, xfit, probooster, turbobooster and the vivo is still our favorite.

I hadn't really considered the vivo. I have heard it wasn't the best for wider kids?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC