Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

BJCMD sale patterns? Buy now or later?

Hi Everyone,

I apprecitate all the help which has gotten me to the point where I decided on the City Mini double (yay!). Albee baby has the orange and gray 2011 on sale now for $299. It is actually my favorite color...although I realize 2012/2013 have better features.

I have one kid now and am not due until August. I am torn between buying at these sale prices now (and not using the stroller for 6 months) versus taking my chances on future sales that will be equally good. The warranty starts on the purchase date, so I would be halfway through by the time I use the stroller. At the same time, if these are once a year sales I want to strike while I can actually afford a BJCMD (we can't go much above $300, if at all).

What should I do?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: BJCMD sale patterns? Buy now or later?

I bought mine on clearance for $279 a year and a half ago. I have never seen them that low since then. I say buy it if budget is a major concern.

4. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
    I bought mine on clearance for $279 a year and a half ago. I have never seen them that low since then. I say buy it if budget is a major concern.
    amazon had them for $299 once but I've never really seen them that low. You should know right away if you'll need the warranty (only warranty issue with BJCMs is wobbles and that's a wheel/frame issue - you'll know immediately). THere were some changes from 2011 to 2012 (basket access, minor cosmetic changes), but $299 for a new BJCMD is an amazing deal - if you know that's the stroller you definitely want (and you haven't seen anything else coming out that you want) and you're on a budget, I'd probably get it....

6. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

I would get it, take it out, push it around the house, make sure everything is there and functions properly. Like pp mentioned, you'll notice right away if there's an issue, and can get it corrected before baby comes along (not likely that there will be an issue, BJ is a great company, but you never know)

8. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
    A year a and a half ago...was that summer then? Do you happen to remember the retailer? And did that include tax/shipping if applicable?

Leaning the direction of a all you guys...which is basically that $299's a good price, and I can test it out for the whole warranty thing.

So if I get this stroller now, it's going to be 1000x nicer than any stroller I am currently using for my 2 year old. Has anyone used a double when they only have 1 kid or would that look stupid? :P

Carseat Crazy

I have seen people use a double with 1 child, they were all pregnant

I don't think you'll be able to get the new versions at this price point by august.
    Mommy to
    Jackson January 2010

McKinley September 2012

It was April or may 2011 when albeebaby clearanced the 2010's. I had/have 1 child and have used it w just him and used it w lots of his cousins and friends. It's been a work horse and I've also used two in the stroller and 1 on the bj glider board. My price included shipping/tax and I don't regret it. I don't miss the new features probably cause I don't know what I'm missing

Carseat Crazy

Snatch it up! I love BJers. I got the same deal on mine $279 and it is the easiest double for my mom to use, light enough she can lift it, and versatile for many ages of grand kids. She uses it with just my 4 yo DD all the time.

Maria, mommy to DS 5/10/06 49lbs, 49" FF in britax parkway/recaro signo/GN DD 5/14/08 38lbs 40" FF in Meghan BLVD/RN XTSL flora/recaro signo
    and now welcoming DD2 12/10/12 RF in a keyfit

Carseat Crazy
    Great deal but it now

I've seen tons of people use doubles with just one kid. My husband always jokes that they lost one, but it's actually really common, especially at the mall. I'd say use it as soon as you get it

Carseat Crazy

Thank you for all the ideas and input. You guys really help with my indecision problems. I will be ordering one soon and look forward to using it on 1 to get started and 2 down the road.

Thanks again!!

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by elyrayday View Post
    Thank you for all the ideas and input. You guys really help with my indecision problems. I will be ordering one soon and look forward to using it on 1 to get started and 2 down the road.

Thanks again!!
    You're welcome ! Let us know how you like it!

Carseat Crazy

Just to make you feel even better about it, there is a BJCMD on my local craigslist right now for $320

you're getting a great deal!

Maria, mommy to DS 5/10/06 49lbs, 49" FF in britax parkway/recaro signo/GN DD 5/14/08 38lbs 40" FF in Meghan BLVD/RN XTSL flora/recaro signo
    and now welcoming DD2 12/10/12 RF in a keyfit

Carseat Crazy

Thanks! I bought ordered it today and can't wait for it to arrive. Yay!