BJCMD sale patterns? Buy now or later?

elyrayday

Hi Everyone,

I apprecitate all the help which has gotten me to the point where I decided on the City Mini double (yay!). Albee baby has the orange and gray 2011 on sale now for $299. It is actually my favorite color...although I realize 2012/2013 have better features.

I have one kid now and am not due until August. I am torn between buying at these sale prices now (and not using the stroller for 6 months) versus taking my chances on future sales that will be equally good. The warranty starts on the purchase date, so I would be halfway through by the time I use the stroller. At the same time, if these are once a year sales I want to strike while I can actually afford a BJCMD (we can't go much above $300, if at all).

What should I do?

:)

ADS

Rosey

I bought mine on clearance for $279 a year and a half ago. I have never seen them that low since then. I say buy it if budget is a major concern.

poohbear

I bought mine on clearance for $279 a year and a half ago. I have never seen them that low since then. I say buy it if budget is a major concern.

:yeahthat: amazon had them for $299 once but I've never really seen them that low. You should know right away if you'll need the warranty (only warranty issue with BJCMs is wobbles and that's a wheel/frame issue - you'll know immediately). THere were some changes from 2011 to 2012 (basket access, minor cosmetic changes), but $299 for a new BJCMD is an amazing deal - if you know that's the stroller you definitely want (and you haven't seen anything else coming out that you want) and you're on a budget, I'd probably get it....

D&L's-mommy

I would get it, take it out, push it around the house, make sure everything is there and functions properly. Like pp mentioned, you'll notice right away if there's an issue, and can get it corrected before baby comes along (not likely that there will be an issue, BJ is a great company, but you never know)

elyrayday

A year a and a half ago...was that summer then? Do you happen to remember the retailer? And did that include tax/shipping if applicable?

Leaning the direction of a all you guys...which is basically that $299's a good price, and I can test it out for the whole warranty thing.

So if I get this stroller now, it's going to be 1000x nicer than any stroller I am currently using for my 2 year old. Has anyone used a double when they only have 1 kid or would that look stupid? :p

Rosey

It was April or may 2011 when albeebaby clearanced the 2010's. I had/have 1 child and have used it w just him and used it w lots of his cousins and friends. It's been a work horse and I've also used two in the stroller and 1 on the bj glider board. My price included shipping/tax and I don't regret it. I don't miss the new features probably cause I don't know what I'm missing ;)

romanoma

Snatch it up! I love BJers. I got the same deal on mine $279 and it is the easiest double for my mom to use, light enough she can lift it, and versatile for many ages of grand kids. She uses it with just my 4 yo DD all the time.

Mercuria

I've seen tons of people use doubles with just one kid. My husband always jokes that they lost one, but it's actually really common, especially at the mall. I'd say use it as soon as you get it :)

elyrayday

Thank you for all the ideas and input. You guys really help with my indecision problems. I will be ordering one soon and look forward to using it on 1 to get started and 2 down the road.

Thanks again!!

romanoma

Just to make you feel even better about it, there is a BJCMD on my local craigslist right now for $320 :rolleyes:

you're getting a great deal! :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC