So it is official... Britax finally has the 35-pound RF limit IN WRITING

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It is official... it is finally in writing...

The Diplomat does in fact have a 35-pound RF limit.

While I had read on other sites that the Diplomat and Advocate have a 35-pound RF weight limit AND I had heard from Britax's CS people on the phone that the seats have a 35-pound RF weight limit, I had yet to see it in writing from Britax.

Here it is!

ADS

Ali

I wish they'd test their existing seats and say they can go to 35lbs too! At least we're making progress though!

That chart showing weights, heights and torso heights is great. Very simple and easy to read.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
ROFL! a 5 pound 22 inch tall baby????

But yeah, I do like that chart...easier than the pantyhose style ones that other companies have (Recaro with all the white spaces...)

arly1983

Now they say this after I have purchased a Marathon AND a como....I could have just combined that money and got this fool proof seat....

*Stomps Feet* I want ONE!!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I still think I would go for a Boulevard over the Diplomat. The Diplomat is just too short, in my opinion, for *most* 35-pound children to fit RF.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, it's only as tall as a Roundabout, which my 19mo is almost too tall for at 25 pounds!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I understand why Britax makes this seat. They call it their "COMPACT TSIP" seat. It definitely fits a niche. People who need a 45* recline and have teeny, tiny little cars will need a small seat like this.

I think I would rather buy a cheaper 5-point convertible to use until my child was able to sit without a 45* recline, and then buy a bigger convertible to use for ERF.

:)

That's just me, though. Others have different opinions. :)

steph

Which one is the Advocate again? Is it the one that is like a BV but with a level adjuster or something?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Which one is the Advocate again? Is it the one that is like a BV but with a level adjuster or something?

The Advocate is a bit like the Boulevard, but has the computer with lights to tell you if the seat is in tight enough, if the harness is tight enough, and when the seat expires.

Last edited:

steph

The Advocate is a bit like the Boulevard, but has the computer with lights to tell you if the seat is in tight enough, if the harness is tight enough, and when the seat expires.

So it's going to 35 pounds too? I wonder if it would be worth it to sell my two BV's? Right now we only use one anyway. Maybe I'll wait a little bit and see the reviews. Do you have a link to the advocate? I searched but couldn't find one.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Rumor has it that the Advocate also RF to 35 pounds, but I don't have anything in writing (from Britax) yet. :)

The computer thing looks cool, but I don't think I would replace my Boulevard just to get that. The extra two pounds of RF is great, but I would see if a $40 Scenera would work for me to gain that extra two pounds of RF weight. That's just me, though.

The Advocate is going to cost $400. :eek:

steph

I guess I will have to see when Ryan hits 33 pounds. Right now at 17 months he waivers between 28-29 pounds. I could technically sell both of my BV's for around $200 and get the Advocate w/o spending extra $$$ since one of our BV's hardley ever gets used (I though we both needed seats in our cars but it hasn't worked like that):rolleyes:.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Here is some other information posted about the Advocate in the past:

I have no idea when they are coming out. Sorry!

I doubt most kids will make it to 35 pounds RF in the Diplomat because it is the same size as the Roundabout (SHORT!). Maybe shorter, heavier kids will be able to use it to 35 pounds RF, but most kids will not.

The Advocate, however, has serious potential to be used to 35 pounds RF. :) IT is just SUPER-expensive ($400), so a lot of people will shy away.

win105-102441.jpg
win105-102442.jpg

The Advocate

advocate-logix.jpg

The Advocate's electronics

102431HUNTINGTO.jpg
102431ONYX00000.jpg
102431TAYLOR000.jpg

The Diplomat

The Britax Advocate with Seat Logix sets itself apart from other convertible car seats by offering True Side Impact Protection (TSIP), the ability to adjust the height of the shoulder straps with the turn of a knob and the New Seat Logix system by Britax.

The new Britax Seat Logix helps parents make sure their child's seat is installed properly. The Patented Seat Logix feature offers parents LED indicators for both Seat-to-Vehicle Tensioning and Child-to-Harness Tensioning. The Seat Logix also has a 6-year battery life indicator in the interactive display unit to offer additional peace of mind.

The Britax Advocate is a Convertible Child Seat with LATCH that can be used rear facing for children 5 to 35 pounds and forward facing 20 to 65 pounds*. The child's height should be between 18 and 49 inches.

Product Features:

TSIP True Side Impact Protection helps protect your child in side impact crashes.
Easy headpad and harness height adjustment with the turn of a knob allows you to adjust the height of the straps as your child grows without having to rethread them through the car seat.
Isofit Flexible Buckle System for LATCH is a new method of installing a child seat without using the vehicle seat belt. A simpler installation means a more consistent and therefore safer installation. Isofit clicks into place for a secure hold, until you release it with a squeeze of the red trigger.
The Five-Point Polyester Harness, with strong no-tangle polyester webbing, fits snugly over the child's shoulders, collarbone and hips providing a more secure fit as your child grows.

Versa-Tether is patented by Britax, for the most security in both forward and rear facing installations. Tethering in the rear-facing mode provides additional installation stability and reduces movement because the weight is stabilized between two points.
The Patented Floating HUGS System is designed to better distribute webbing loads to reduce head movement and minimize the chance for webbing edge loading on the child's neck in the case of an impact. In addition, it is designed to reduce the chance of improper positioning of the chest clip.
Built in Lock-Offs, both forward facing and rear facing, are designed for easy reach and operation when using traditional belt routing.
Comfort and EPS Foam Provide additional comfort and impact protection for your child with the Advocate's combination of Comfort Foam and EPS Foam. The same type of padding used in protective headgear.
The One Pull Harness Strap Adjuster makes it easy to get the secure fit every child needs for protection.

* Use vehicle seat belt (not LATCH connectors) for installations with children weighing more than 48 pounds (21 kg.). Refer to the vehicle's owner's manual for the maximum weight rating for their LATCH anchors.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I guess I will have to see when Ryan hits 33 pounds. Right now at 17 months he waivers between 28-29 pounds. I could technically sell both of my BV's for around $200 and get the Advocate w/o spending extra $$$ since one of our BV's hardley ever gets used (I though we both needed seats in our cars but it hasn't worked like that):rolleyes:.

Each situation is so different that is is hard to know! :)

You could do what you said. The Advocate isn't out yet, though. I think it is only on pre-order right now.

Good luck! :)

If you do get it, PLEASE (I beg! :)) post some pictures. I want to see this beast in person! :)

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
I love the looks of the Diplomat. I have a Marathon, but if I could have seen into the future and known I'd have a kid who was so tiny, I might have gone with a Roundabout or, if it had been available, a Diplomat. It would be nice to have a smaller seat for travel.

I know we'll get lots of use out of the Marathon, but it will likely expire before she ever gets even close to the weight limit.

steph

Each situation is so different that is is hard to know! :)

You could do what you said. The Advocate isn't out yet, though. I think it is only on pre-order right now.

Good luck! :)

If you do get it, PLEASE (I beg! :)) post some pictures. I want to see this beast in person! :)

It may be more of a possibility now - I just weighed Ryan and he almost 29 pounds:eek:. I need this kid to stop putting on weight;)!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I love the looks of the Diplomat. I have a Marathon, but if I could have seen into the future and known I'd have a kid who was so tiny, I might have gone with a Roundabout or, if it had been available, a Diplomat. It would be nice to have a smaller seat for travel.

I know we'll get lots of use out of the Marathon, but it will likely expire before she ever gets even close to the weight limit.

It'll expire probably about when she gets to the height limit, though...my dd was too tall for it at 6 and 40 pounds, but she was WAY too tall for the Roundabout by then!

OH, and my 10 yo isn't even 65 pounds and has been too tall for the Marathon for 4 years now... :D

Namegirl

Senior Community Member
It'll expire probably about when she gets to the height limit, though...my dd was too tall for it at 6 and 40 pounds, but she was WAY too tall for the Roundabout by then!

OH, and my 10 yo isn't even 65 pounds and has been too tall for the Marathon for 4 years now... :D

That is definitely a possibility. But at nearly 2.5 we're STILL on the bottom slots rearfacing. She has no torso. I don't know where she keeps her organs!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC