Frontier vs HeadWise with almost 10yo.

zactayaus

Austin will be 10 in April. He's 52" and 54lbs. He wears size 7/8 tops and size 7 bottoms.

Both seats were installed in the same seating position for pics (2nd row passenger side 2000 Chevy Suburban).

The Frontier definitely offers more room width wise for shoulders and thighs and tons more in the leg support department. However if you need it for a tighter 3 across and didn't need the extra width but wanted comparable harness height then the HeadWise would fit the bill.

100_2361_zpsbfd227b4.jpg
100_2274_zps7495a198.jpg

100_2363_zpsb217b6e6.jpg
100_2278_zps3a29e6d0.jpg

100_2358_zps2c97fa27.jpg
100_2273_zps1c69bbf6.jpg

ADS

Baylor

IT looks like there is a decent amount of belt in the adjustent strap too? 6 ins? 8 ins??

Thanks a lot for this.

zactayaus

IT looks like there is a decent amount of belt in the adjustent strap too? 6 ins? 8 ins??

Thanks a lot for this.

You know I didn't even take notice, but I don't remember thinking it was short or that we were running out of adjuster strap.

Athena

Wait a second, is there another seat now that's as tall as the Frontier 85? They're coming out with new seats so quickly I can't keep up! :eek:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That's the Frontier 85, not the original 80? I wonder if your car is one of the ones that the Frontier loses a lot of height in? By the numbers it should be about an inch shorter... (19.5 vs. 20.5".)

zactayaus

Out of curiosity- how outgrown is the radian for him?

I'd say he's probably a good inch over the top slots of the RN but it's been quite some time since I've sat him in it. I could bribe him to sit in it this weekend and check.

That's the Frontier 85, not the original 80? I wonder if your car is one of the ones that the Frontier loses a lot of height in? By the numbers it should be about an inch shorter... (19.5 vs. 20.5".)

That is the FR85 and yes I thought he'd have much more room in it over the HW. I was totally confused and even double checked to make sure I had it on the highest setting.

Spam

wow, I didn't pay any attention to how similar they were. I was surprised how much room my Austin had in the s4m. He's almost the same size as your Austin, wears the same sizes lol at 4.5. The s4m seemed to push his head forward, did you have that problem?

zactayaus

wow, I didn't pay any attention to how similar they were. I was surprised how much room my Austin had in the s4m. He's almost the same size as your Austin, wears the same sizes lol at 4.5. The s4m seemed to push his head forward, did you have that problem?

lol, and your Austin is 2lbs heavier than mine!:p

I didn't notice it pushing his head forward but he wasn't in the seat that long.

gsdguenter

Thanks for the comparison shots! I don't know much about the HeadWise, but it looks really cool at a quick glance.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC