Show me pics of your Kiddy seats please

glockchick

Specifically Rhumba and Lavender, but I'd like to see whatever because if I love it Caleb will be getting one too. ;)

ADS

Phineasmama

I only have Rhumba but here ya go :)

Cruiserfix Pro:
4C0D6F85-A7AB-4B02-816F-ED01725D738D-14754-0000064415368722.jpg

Kiddy World Plus in booster mode
CEF77DD2-8CE7-427F-BAF5-9339FEA799BD-13922-0000059ECDA7C8D6.jpg

Cruiserfix Pro
918D527E-040C-4909-BC12-CCC4A97C8ADB-35854-00000FB83B31D0CA.jpg

More KWP:
C6D54B6B-6C79-4CC0-8DE1-3648A8104C72-25228-00000A52505B1C45.jpg

760ECD6F-EE53-42AA-AF57-EE79EB8890CB-25228-00000A524B3B15B9.jpg

963BB036-7806-4292-896D-9A7EDC0BEA7A-25228-00000A52217DB67B.jpg

And both!
39BAE6D7-38FF-414D-823A-748DE9222DAD-25228-00000A51EFC74D14.jpg

Shaunam

I know the shield has a 40 lb weight limit but is there a height limit to it? Also, it looks somewhat reclined. Is that just because the captains chair is back a bit or does it have a natural recline to it?

Phineasmama

I think it's just because my vehicle seats are ridiculously sloped! But the kiddy has rigid latch and recline feature kind of like the oobr.

Not sure on the height thing, I'll have to check the manual.

Shaunam

I think it's just because my vehicle seats are ridiculously sloped! But the kiddy has rigid latch and recline feature kind of like the oobr.

Not sure on the height thing, I'll have to check the manual.

Do you know about what angle it reclines to? I'm kind of wanting one for Charlie. :eek:

mevs mom

The shield does have a height limit on it. I cannot remember it off the top of my head but I thought it was some where around 40 to 43"?

Also the second seat isn't it a Britax max way? High way?

What is the major selling feature of this seat? Why would one FF a small child with the shield over ERFing them? Small car? Grandma/grandpa ease of use?

glockchick

Can you use the shield seat in a lap belt only position? The max weight on the shield is only 40 lbs right?

I'm trying without luck to find a nice, narrow seat for Caleb to go in my center lap belt only position. I'm starting to realize that if I can't, I'll have to pick which kid I like least to put in a lap belt only with no headrest. :p

Why did Britax ever discontinue the laptop?

Phineasmama

Can you use the shield seat in a lap belt only position? The max weight on the shield is only 40 lbs right?

I'm trying without luck to find a nice, narrow seat for Caleb to go in my center lap belt only position. I'm starting to realize that if I can't, I'll have to pick which kid I like least to put in a lap belt only with no headrest. :p

Why did Britax ever discontinue the laptop?

Yea you can!! And you can use on an airplane as well. Bottom of seat is narrow but not the back/side wings

Oh and the rf seat is a two way elite from Sweden

mamom

I really want a Kiddy world plus, but we eat a lot in the van on busy nights, is the shield too tall for eating?

Shaunam

Sorry I was talking about the one with the shield.

Why do you suppose she slid out of it? Too skinny? Tone issues?

But I guess if it has a height limit it is out for us anyway. Charlie is a smidge over 40" and while she gains really slowly and won't be 40 lbs till 7 probably, I've seen her shoot up super fast before.

Phineasmama

Sorry I was talking about the one with the shield.

Why do you suppose she slid out of it? Too skinny? Tone issues?

But I guess if it has a height limit it is out for us anyway. Charlie is a smidge over 40" and while she gains really slowly and won't be 40 lbs till 7 probably, I've seen her shoot up super fast before.

Oh yeah that one doesn't have rigid latch but the Shield is connected to the latch straps. In all honesty the head wings are not that deep, so idk how well it would work for a child with low muscle tone or not much head control?

I don't know how a kid could slide out of it though, I'm having trouble picturing that.

Phineasmama

I really want a Kiddy world plus, but we eat a lot in the van on busy nights, is the shield too tall for eating?

It might be a little difficult, the shield comes up pretty high and you can't exactly put anything in your lap...
And there would be really no place to put a drink either.

TyAndCheyMommy

Oh yeah that one doesn't have rigid latch but the Shield is connected to the latch straps. In all honesty the head wings are not that deep, so idk how well it would work for a child with low muscle tone or not much head control?

I don't know how a kid could slide out of it though, I'm having trouble picturing that.

My daughter has very tight muscles (think of the "stiff as a board" saying) and therefore without the harness to hold her bent, the shield wasn't able to hold her bent... Therefore she just slid right down.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC