Safety 1st OnSide Air gripes - remedy?

meljc

I recently purchased an OnSide Air to use as a travel seat. We used it on a trip for the first time this weekend and I had two major gripes -- hopefully someone here can help me fix them!

1) Uneven harness straps. Neither my husband nor I could get the harness straps equally tight. I realize that the harness isn't continuous. It was so extreme that my son cried when I tried to tighten it because his left side was being compressed so much. At the same time, on his right side I could FULLY pinch the strap both above and below the chest clip. I did make sure to tighten the straps on his hips as well. I haven't unthreaded the harness to measure lengths, but yikes :( Needless to say, I felt really uncomfortable driving around like that and would have swapped it for one of our other seats had we been home.

2) The seat cover won't stay on at the top. I haven't removed the huge government compliance tag since we basically took the seat from the box to the airport. Will removing that tag fix this issue? Or does Dorel use the same cover for the OnSide Air as for the less padded seats? This may seam like a minor issue, but curious toddler hands wanted to pull off the head cushioning when the cover slipped off, and that cushioning looks like it's just held in place by double-sided tape.

Thanks!

ADS

featherhead

I'm pretty sure the harness is continuous, I have has two of them... Am I trippin? Lol

:yeahthat:

Try tugging at the harness at the hip. Sometimes it feels really tight cause it doesn't always slide smoothly under the bum, especially when there is a child sitting in the seat. Try it when the seat is unoccupied.

meljc

Hahaha well now I feel like an idiot! My husband and I both tried SO hard to adjust at the hips but we couldn't get it to budge under our 22lb-er. Interestingly I felt like all of the webbing (harness and LATCH) did not slide smoothly and required much more elbow grease than the other three seats we've used.

Any insight on the seat cover?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC