Who's holding out for Signo and why?

TracyRee

So I preordered a Signo and have to fight to keep from canceling it and ordering a Como.

If you're planning on a Signo, why do you think it will work for you better than the Como?

I like the idea of the infititely adjustable headrest.
I don't like the fact that the headrest isn't removable.
I don't think the LATCH upgrade on the Signo will matter to me since I plan on installing it center w/o LATCH.

So how about you?

ADS

AmyKat

I pre-ordered the Signo. I'm not canceling the order because -

1. I'm not in any hurry. I can wait and see. DD is in a Scenera for now, and while it's not the best, it's working for us.

2. I love the idea of the infinitely adjustable headrest.

3. I do hope to use LATCH.

4. I want that pink seat!

If I were to cancel on the signo, I wouldn't get the como, I would go with a britax. So, it's not a big deal for me to just keep waiting.

Amy

MsFacetious

Because if it doesn't work I can send it back. That's why I went with Elite carseats.

I need to have a set of seats in each vehicle and these would work a little better than Regents I think.

Yoshi

I also would like the "infinitely" adjustable harness...Kids grow fast and it saves time and trouble uninstalling seats and switching between kids.

TracyRee

I went with elite for that reason too, it sooo easy to return with them. I'm trying to hold out for the Signo and if it fits, but the headrest is too much, I'll exchange for the Como I suppose.

clothdiapermom

Senior Community Member
I preordered it and got a great price saving about $30 per seat so I am not cancelling my order (we have 2 coming). I want the infinite adjustable harness as well as the LATCH.

I currently have 2 wizards and love how easy it is to change the harness. DH left accidentally yesterday with the snugride in the car he took so I just put the harness down in the Wizard and put DD#2 in the Wizard since DH had DD#1 with him. It took no time at all to switch it from what my 3 year old needs to what my 5 month old needs.

ZephyrBlue

I was holding out for the Signo and decided to go with the Como because:

1) The infinite harness adjustment isn't that big of a deal to me- I loved it in DS's BLVD, but don't mind DD's MA with the dedicated harness slots.

2) I don't want the non-removable headrest- I really like the idea of being able to remove the head cushions in the Como. Now when DS's head gets big, I won't have to worry about the headrest thing being too restrictive. I want to use this seat a long time.

3) I don't like to wait :D

ymherrera

Because I pre-ordered it and my deposit is non-refundable. But I sure hope that DS likes those wings otherwise it is going on Ebay or something. I don't think I can return it...:confused:

lovinwaves

Because I pre-ordered it and my deposit is non-refundable. But I sure hope that DS likes those wings otherwise it is going on Ebay or something. I don't think I can return it...:confused:

You can can return it within 30 days in unused condition.

southpawboston

i passed on the como, in favor of holding out for a signo:

1) infinite adjust!

2) LATCH bar!

3) headwings seem a bit different than the como's, maybe a bit wider and more sturdy? the como's head supports look very floppy and pillow-like.

laurenrachey

Infinite adjusting harness (my main reason for choosing over the Como)

SIP (hopefully the head wings are different from the Como), I like the benifit of SIP for an older child, since our vehicle is older and not as safe as I would like.

I'm waiting until it is in a store near me (where I sent Piper's mom the other day to take all those great pictures of the Como and Vivo :love: ) I can try DS in the seat before buying it, and the guy that owns the store has been super about keeping me up to date on the arrivals. He emailed me to let me know the day the Como was being delivered.

ZephyrBlue

SIP (hopefully the head wings are different from the Como), I like the benifit of SIP for an older child, since our vehicle is older and not as safe as I would like.

The Signo doesn't have a higher degree of SIP than the Como, does it? Are you just talking about the adjustable headrest?

laurenrachey

The Signo doesn't have a higher degree of SIP than the Como, does it? Are you just talking about the adjustable headrest?

Yeah I don't think it is a higher degree, I just mean the headrest mainly. I like that the head pillows move up infinitely with the seat (assuming that hopefully they aren't like a head vice, but angle outward more than the Como since the Signo's are not removable) Kinda gives a double thickness (since I know we'd be removing the Como's if we got that instead) and makes a nice place to sleep

Peony

I'm holding out as well, I wouldn't go with the Como but another Britax. I want the LATCH bar, the wings, and and the infinite adjust! DH also loves the look of the Recaro and keeps pestering me about when we will get it. ;)

Mami

Does anyone think the Signo will have an extra inch in the top harness slots (20" vs. 19" on the Como) because the headrest/wings will slide up above the shell...? Just curious because that would seal the deal for me on the Signo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC