Vent So sick of Britax Hype!

cmcki737

I am on an expectant mom forum and of one more person puts down something like Britax is the only one to do extra testing, use foam in head rest or any other crazy claim I will loose it! How the heck did they manage to so effectively spread this propaganda? I swear Hitler would envy their PR people!

ADS

Phineasmama

I honestly don't think Britax is spreading propoganda or claims that their seats are THE safest or anything like that.

But it used to be true that Britax was best. Until other car seat companies caught up. First person to get there gets the glory though, attitudes are hard to change once entrenched.

Stelvis

I don't think you can blame that on Britax themselves. I've never seen them advertise themselves as "the safest," and their FB feed, for example, is mostly full of tips on proper use, which are accurate. Sure they promote the safety features of their seats, but so does everyone.

Britax seats are relatively easy to use properly, generally well made, and their customer service is good and not sketchy. Those are the kinds of things that inspire brand loyalty in people. Some of those people are in "the bubble," and yes that's annoying, but lots of others just like them because they are nice seats.

I have seen other manufacturers claim their seats were "the safest."

cmcki737

I guess that is it but it is really scary and annoying to me bc in allot of cases Britax might not be the best bc of poor fit but people just don't get it :(

Stelvis

What do you mean by poor fit? Poor fit to the vehicle or poor fit to the child?

No, they aren't the tallest seats out there for ERF. I'm painfully aware of that, DD is on the 4th click from the top of her BLVD already, and I'm going to be sad when I have to get a new seat to continue to RF her. But, your average parent is just now getting the message to RF to 2, will probably FF shortly after that, and Britax do get the vast majority of kids to 2 RF. So I don't think it's "really scary" but just a fact that they are making seats for a market that will mostly FF at 2 at the latest. Whether they're in Britax seats or not.

cmcki737

I mean poor fit to either car or baby I just find it crazy that so many people think it is the only safe seat and if it does not fit correctly in their car they would rather try to find ways to make it instead of look at others. And the crazy claims like today one person posted Britax is the only seat that will pull your child inward in an accident all others they fly forward or out :-/

cupcakepirate11

They are indeed great seats BUT not any better than other seats on the market and not deserving of the ridiculous hype

I will give them credit, every car I have put my marathon 70 in it has fit perfectly I've used it in a dodge caravan. Dodge charger, Toyota corolla, scion xb, Toyota tacoma, Denali.

Baylor

I don't see any danger in any one being Britax loyal. They make great seats. I think the problem is that people think Money equals safe and that is just not true. I would not criticize Britax, I would just tell them that the truth is that all seats pass the same testing or they could not be on the market.

The thing is that Britax does have a lot of extras people like and they do make the SICT versions that may have extra protection against Side impact crashes..

So I understand the Britax charm. I love my fr85. I am not sure I need it any more. But it is a great seat!

cmcki737

Usually stay low profile but I did respond that all US seats pass the same safety tests. That is when the crazy claims started coming :-/ I feel bad bc it started as a mom asking for ways to research seats and allot of people just started pushing britax

mamom

Although I know they aren't the safest, everytime I buy another brand I end up selling it because Britax is so easy to install and comfy for my little ones. (And such cute designs)

mybabybean

Ok, I have never owned a Britax, but I have tried various ones out in my vehicles. Easy to install yes, but take up a TON of room and dont always offer a ton of extra use to make up for the loss of space or the greatly inflated price tag. I do wish I could afford a Frontier 85, but there are cheaper options that do ALMOST as much. So yes I completely get your frustration with these people that act like it is the only seat and everything else is inferior

mlohry

I have tried every brand of car seat across the board. Britax always wins hands down being the easiest to install and use. Their customer service is by far superior to other brands. Every time I have called and it's a few times they have sent my parts and even upgraded my seat completely free of charge no questions asked. They are also always friendly and know their products. That has not happened with any other brand. They have a great rep, because they deserve it in my opinion.

Now that being said, sometimes a different brand is better for a specific child (a tall child ERF) and just because your child rides in a Britax does not make them exempt from physics. I see way too many FB pics of misuse in Britax seats. The bubble thing...

Being used correctly they will always be my favorite brand.

glockchick

Although I know they aren't the safest, everytime I buy another brand I end up selling it because Britax is so easy to install and comfy for my little ones. (And such cute designs)

:yeahthatlove:

And I've had a LOT of seats over the course of 6 kids and 15 years. I've probably had at least 1 of every brand. I started being a car seat whore early in my first kid's life. :cool:

Syllieann

I am actually feeling the same way about the keyfit. There are so many posts about how keyfit is the safest and gets the highest safety ratings, blah, blah blah...

Again, this comes down to people perhaps confusing ease of use with safety. I can't argue with that on britax or keyfit.

bnsnyde

LOL, I always look for foam in the headrests and Britax was such an easy choice with the Chaperone and Advocate. Plus they were so easy to use and have good customer service. I hope more seats are doing the foam headrest thing!

I am a little surprised that their convertibles are such high quality but the boosters don't seem too impressive. I would think they'd go all out with the boosters too since it's part of their brand, etc.

Wreckgoddess

Yeah, I'm not saying that Britax is the "Only good brand" out there. But thats all I use.
(I use them correctly and they fit my child well... So am I still in the "bubble?" lol)

The reason that that is all I use? THEY ARE SOOOO EASY to install correctly, adjust to fit my child as he grows, and I bought the models with the SICT because it "couldn't hurt" to have that extra side impact protection. My child is not replaceable (no ones is) and it's just an extra safety net in my opinion.
I do own a Diono Radian RXT for when he outgrows the Britax convertible RF, and I have used it on several occasions as a spare seat for another kid, but I REALLY hate installing it. The Britax seats are so much easier.

I have had several occasions where I had to call Britax.. and the customer service REALLY is phenomenal.

Soooo.....

Yeah.

But I do recommend Graco seats rather often too if it makes you feel better. Specifically the MyRide or the Size4Me for ERF.

Wreckgoddess

LOL, I always look for foam in the headrests and Britax was such an easy choice with the Chaperone and Advocate. Plus they were so easy to use and have good customer service. I hope more seats are doing the foam headrest thing!

I am a little surprised that their convertibles are such high quality but the boosters don't seem too impressive. I would think they'd go all out with the boosters too since it's part of their brand, etc.

agreed- This head protection was glaringly obvious... Thats why I got the Advocates.

And agreed- the boosters just don't impress me. We will probably look into Recaro or Diono boosters at that point. Or leave him in a Frontier foreverrrrr

Phineasmama

I feel the same way! Their boosters just do NOT impress me at all, there are so many better (IMO) ones out there.

But meh. The convertibles are darn easy to use/install, fit in almost every vehicle...so if someone is convinced they're the safest that's probably okay. They might be wrong, but it's okay :p

Phineasmama

agreed- This head protection was glaringly obvious... Thats why I got the Advocates.

And agreed- the boosters just don't impress me. We will probably look into Recaro or Diono boosters at that point. Or leave him in a Frontier foreverrrrr

Kiddy boosters rock, just sayin' :)

I love the Cruiserfix Pro like, a lot, but the KWP works better with the butthead seat belts in my van. But we're using the cruiserfix in our other car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC