Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

KH9107

Expecting a 3rd and Need a New Car

I currently drive a 2010 Honda CR-V. My daughters are 14months and almost 3 (33months). The little one is RF in a Graco MyRide 65 behind the passenger seat. The older one is FF in a Graco Argos 70 behind the driver. They will be in the same seats when the next one is born in September. The new baby will most likely be in a Graco Snugride (obviously RF).

My lease is up in October so I'm looking for a minivan or SUV that will comfortably and safely fit all three of these seats. I also would like to know the safest arrangement of the seats in the vehicle.

Any recommendations?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

What exactly are you looking for? Something with captains chairs in the 2nd row? Or do you want to stay smaller like the CRV where it only has 3 seats in the back?

I know people really like the Pilot if you want to stay with Honda. Personally I really like having a minivan with my 3 kids because it's lower to the ground for getting them in and out of the car, and the sliding doors are a lifesaver!!

Are you planning on having any more kids?

I also really like the Mazda 5, it's around the same size as the CRV but maybe a little lower to the ground. It has two captains chairs in the 2nd row, and two seats in the 3rd row that can be folded down independently for extra cargo room. It would be much better on gas than a minivan or bigger SUV. But again it just depends on how much room you want and what kind of vehicle you'd prefer to drive.

I really like our Honda Odyssey. We got it when we had our 3rd too. It really is great for 3 kids. We have 4 now and still love it but I'm obviously more limited in configs now. Ours is an '06 so the older style. I love power sliding doors and hatch with kids.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus