Foonf + 2013 Ford Flex

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I love this car, so had to try the Foonf in it. The only drawback to this car, is the lack of tethers. :(

It has the inflatable seatbelts as well. Now, as of MY 2014, the lower anchors can be used up to 65 lbs, this is child PLUS car seat. With the inflatable seatbelts not being usuable for some car seat manufacturers, it will limit the usuability of the vehicle. The Foonf can be latched to 48 lbs. The Foonf can not be used with inflatable seat belts.

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

RFing:

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

FFing:

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Cryssy Jane

nice! Bummer about the inflatable seatbelts. I LOVE the flex. If it was in my budget I would get one. That is one heck of a blindspot there created by the foonf. Man I wish it wasn't on the huge base.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
nice! Bummer about the inflatable seatbelts. I LOVE the flex. If it was in my budget I would get one. That is one heck of a blindspot there created by the foonf. Man I wish it wasn't on the huge base.

See, in THIS model year, I could use the rigid latch FFing still. That is what I would do. My personally favorite set up is 2 - 2 - 2, for the seating.

Brycen'sMommy

My DH drives a 2013 Flex and it is the most car seat unfriendly car I have ever encountered. But maybe I'm spoiled by my 2011 Odyssey. :shrug-shoulders:

I haven't been able to find a seat that installs RF or FF in the second row middle seat. I haven't had a desire for a Foonf until now. Is the 40 section of the second row able to flip forward for access to the third row with the Foonf installed there? If so, I might be sold. We have baby #4 coming any day now and trying to fit 4 kids in carseats has been a nightmare.

It's interesting that you mention a lack of tethers because the only seat in our Flex that doesn't have an anchor is the third row drivers side. All other seating positions have a tether. I thought that wasn't bad compared to most of the other 7 passenger SUVs.

Thanks for the pictures. It's nice to see that something will actually install in that spot.

Last edited:

cso1997

Wow, that backseat looks similar to the new Explorer. I wonder if the Foonf is the answer to my headaches. Any chance you know someone with a 11, 12 or 13 Explorer ;)

bubbaray

Did they redesign the Flex? We had a 2011 rental for 2 weeks and I thought installs were easy. Maybe it's been redesigned.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
In my defense, I did 10 cars, and was sore by the end of the night. I had helpers, but they didn't install, and well, the Foonf is heavy. :p

Adorkable

i have a 2013 Flex with second row captain chairs and 2 RF foonfi in them, i have no problem installing them at all. and while i like the BB for their 2 RF latch straps rather that a shared single one for easy easy tightening, i had two rock solid not moving a 1/4 inch installs and wow my kids have a lot of room!!!!, they are 34 and 36 inches currently so my headrests are far from the top position, but as of now they dont block vision at all from what i notice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC